Best case for under ?20 in the UK

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to buy my wife a case for her Nexus 7. She had a cheap one from ebay, but now she doesn't trust it after she has to return the Nexus 7 for fixing (she believes it knackered it).

She now has a Neoprene 'sock' for it.

Can anyone recommend and decent case for under ?20?

I looked at the official ASUS one and the reviews don't look overly good for it.

Indigoquilter

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
What does she need the case to do? Will the tablet be living in the case permanently, for instance, or is it more for protection when it's being put in a bag to take out? Does she want the case to function as a stand? Something slimline? Or something with a hard shell?

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What does she need the case to do? Will the tablet be living in the case permanently, for instance, or is it more for protection when it's being put in a bag to take out? Does she want the case to function as a stand? Something slimline? Or something with a hard shell?

Permanent
Stand
Hard shell

oh and

Pretty.

The Poetic Slimline that @Minkey1 highlight looks good (in different colours) however I wondering how does the front facing panel stay down? When it is in her bag for the bus I would want it to flap open and allow her keys to dance all over the face.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The act of closing the cover puts the screen to sleep, and magnets hold it closed. Works well.

The drawback with any of this style of case is that the pogo pins are obscured, but AFAIK the only
accessory which currently makes use of them is the official dock. I'm due for mine tomorrow. For dock use I'll have to take the case off.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The 4 little brass looking pins on the side of the device. They sit on 4 similar pins in the dock and pass or receive power, data, and audio. The dock itself had the device's sockets duplicated behind as this pic shows:

Nexusdock.jpg

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Im after a case too, ill take a look at the Poetic case from Amazon.

Although saying that Im not sure if id pay ?20 for 1.

ziffos

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to buy my wife a case for her Nexus 7. She had a cheap one from ebay, but now she doesn't trust it after she has to return the Nexus 7 for fixing (she believes it knackered it).

She now has a Neoprene 'sock' for it.

Can anyone recommend and decent case for under ?20?

I looked at the official ASUS one and the reviews don't look overly good for it.

Poetic Slimline gets my vote - loads of colour choice and less than 20 ?GBP - available from Amazon or eBay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87