Android Central Nexus 7 dock review

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to use the dock with a case of some sort?

Or does not really need to be naked?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I just received my dock and I can say that there's no real extra wiggle room for a case, sorry.

Unless you have the thinnest case known to man or the side that the POGO pins are on is open, a normal case won't fit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 or Nexus 7

cubsfan61

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Just received my dock as well and my Nexus 7 is not charging when placed in the dock. I've attached my original Nexus 7 ac charger and cable to the dock, but when I place the Nexus in the dock, nothing. No clock, or dock mode as Phil showed in the review. My Nexus 7 is still on 4.1.2. Is 4.2 required for this? Or is there a setting in Jelly Bean where you activate the pin connectors on the side of the Nexus? Possibly I just got a defective dock.

Any ideas?

Kevin

ohmslaw

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just received my dock as well and my Nexus 7 is not charging when placed in the dock. I've attached my original Nexus 7 ac charger and cable to the dock, but when I place the Nexus in the dock, nothing. No clock, or dock mode as Phil showed in the review. My Nexus 7 is still on 4.1.2. Is 4.2 required for this? Or is there a setting in Jelly Bean where you activate the pin connectors on the side of the Nexus? Possibly I just got a defective dock.

Any ideas?

Kevin
A poster in another forum stated that 4.2 enabled the pogo pins used by the dock. I don't know if this is a fact.

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Got the dock yesterday and will use on nightstand as alarm, radio, media delivery. Plugged in audio out to headphones and noticed that volume was up pretty high. Tried to adjust with volume rocker on N7, master volume, media volume, etc but no success while docked. I think I tried all the volume settings. Anyone know if you need an external volume control to adjust volume when docked or am I missing something? I guess some headphones with volume slider is not that big a deal, but unexpected issue.