Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bigtroutz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Any way to attach a Nexus 7 to a TV?

I do a lot of travel for work and always have my nexus 7 loaded with movies. Anyone have a way to get video out so i can connect it to a hotel TV?

Skeff
    Ditching Apple products and moving to Android!

Default Re: Any way to attach a Nexus 7 to a TV?

Use your phone. I think I did that with my Droid x.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeff26 View Post
    I do a lot of travel for work and always have my nexus 7 loaded with movies. Anyone have a way to get video out so i can connect it to a hotel TV?

Skeff
    Ditching Apple products and moving to Android!
    nope, not wired...you can use a wifi connection to a media server, but that won't help with what you want....
    check this out tho...
    Amazon.com: Micca Speck 1080p Full-HD Ultra Portable Digital Media Player For USB Drives and SD/SDHC Cards: Electronics

I'm not sure, but the last time I checked, you can use a connection kit to connect to HDMI... That should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthenow View Post
    I'm not sure, but the last time I checked, you can use a connection kit to connect to HDMI... That should work.
    ya think ? try it and see .....

Quote Originally Posted by Inthenow View Post
    Please do a little research before posting misinformation. This tablet does not support MHL.
    Thanked by:

Quick question to this as well. My TV has an USB input. If I conntect N7 via USB to the TV will the movies/videos play on the TV screen?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorea View Post
    Quick question to this as well. My TV has an USB input. If I conntect N7 via USB to the TV will the movies/videos play on the TV screen?
    depends on how sophisticated the USB firmware on the TV is.

My TV simply says "unsupported device connected" and ignores the N7.

edit:
    As far as I know, there is no way (or app which would allow you) to route a video stream to a USB port.
    Last edited by bigtroutz; 02-06-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Google does NOT want any play store content to go beyond the tablet itself. This is not controllable for everything but for video content you will have to put considerable effort into modification to allow for any steaming from the Nexus7.
    Last edited by zedorda; 02-06-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Google does NOT want any play store content to go beyond the tablet itself. This is not controllable for everything but for video content you will have to put considerable effort into modification to allow for any steaming from the Nexus7.
    nah -

install iMediaShare, BubblePUnP, Plex, etc and off you go....but it's wireless, not hdmi and relies on more capable hardware external to the n7

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    nah -

install iMediaShare, BubblePUnP, Plex, etc and off you go....but it's wireless, not hdmi and relies on more capable hardware external to the n7
    That allows for play store content to be steamed via wifi?

That allows for play store content to be steamed via wifi?
    depends on what exactly you mean by play store content. If you mean that you want to stream the results of a download from the play store or a file that is also found on the playstore but currently on the alternate media sources or downloaded, then in theory, yes but YMMV- you also may need to break drm. Your best best is to try them out and see if they do what you want. They all have free versions of various types and natures so it costs nothing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    depends on what exactly you mean by play store content. If you mean that you want to stream the results of a download from the play store or a file that is also found on the playstore but currently on the alternate media sources or downloaded, then in theory, yes but YMMV- you also may need to break drm. Your best best is to try them out and see if they do what you want. They all have free versions of various types and natures so it costs nothing to see.
    I guess you can't read between the lines so I will be more direct. Streaming "play store content" from the Nexus7 is against the Google's product EULA and illegal. Android Central does not condone or assist in the criminal activity of it members. My first post was an attempt to notify the thread that if the subject started to drift toward the assistance of illegally steaming play store content the thread could be deleted and members banned.

Bigtrouts are you trying to assist others in committing illegal actions with Android Central as a medium?

I guess you can't read between the lines so I will be more direct. Streaming "play store content" from the Nexus7 is against the Google's product EULA and illegal. Android Central does not condone or assist in the criminal activity of it members. My first post was an attempt to notify the thread that if the subject started to drift toward the assistance of illegally steaming play store content the thread could be deleted and members banned.

Bigtrouts are you trying to assist others in committing illegal actions with Android Central as a medium?
    nope...
    but speaking of reading comprehension, it's bigtroutz

Do you normally act as a surrogate for crony capitalists ?
    Are you familiar with the case law concerning the Fair Use Doctrine ?
    For that matter are you familiar with the concept of rent seeking ?
    Are you familiar with the phrase three felonies a day ?
    Have you read 1984 ?

Please don't spit on my sidewalk or pee in the woods - thankyou ! Have a nice day !
    Thanked by 2:
    TheStanger and credulous like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbayoo View Post
    Use your phone. I think I did that with my Droid x.
    What does your statement mean? How would I use a phone?
    And the comments about wireless elsewhere, my TV isn't wireless so how would that work? As you can see I'm no techie and as helpful as some of you are, I think you forget that not everyone understands jargon

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

The Nexus 7 doesn't have any way to output the display, so the suggestion was to use your phone instead, this does presuppose that your phone actually has some way of being connected to the TV.

The talk of wireless was about installing a uPNP server on your Nexus 7, this is software that can stream media files over your local network and some TV's can connect to this server and play the media files, although YMMV on what media files will work. If your TV is fairly new and doesn't have wireless it may have an Ethernet port to enable you to connect it to your router using an Ethernet cable.

Thank you for that, retsaw.

This is going to be difficult as I have no idea of what you guys are talking about but I have just bought a nexus 7 pad (2012), 2013 not out in France. I have a browser so I can watch Netflix USA legally but would like to see it also on my smart tv. Can I just buy a MLH cable and hook it up to my HDMI?? I have the habit of buying cables and most do not work. Thanks

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

No.

Posted via Android Central App

Try a Microsoft Surface RT cable.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by docrcw View Post
    Try a Microsoft Surface RT cable.
    There is no reason that would work.

Posted via Android Central App