Can you reccomend a strong case for Nexus 7 (Sport / Skiing)

Dave R Smith

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Despte my awesome skills I may fall over while skiing soon.
I will be taking my N7 and have seen threads referencing cracked screens, so thought I'd better get some protection for it.
I could just get 2 plates of metal, but wondered if there was something pre-made.
I'm thinking it needs to be something that doesn't flex if I land on it, rather than a scratch protector.
Not sure yet if it'll be comfortable in my jacket pocket or may have to put in rucsack - either way it needs protecting.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My recommendation would be to store it somewhere safe before you go skiing, as there really isn't a case that can protect it in that way. At least that I know of. Why would you need it while skiing anyways? I would think you would be more focused on that than messing with a tablet while zipping down a hillside.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My recommendation would be to store it somewhere safe before you go skiing, as there really isn't a case that can protect it in that way. At least that I know of. Why would you need it while skiing anyways? I would think you would be more focused on that than messing with a tablet while zipping down a hillside.

Dave R Smith

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Fair question Slender Troll, and I agree with sentiment, but;
i) I gather the gps works if you download map beforehand, so will be handy as I'm going to Milky Way (France/Italy border), quite a big area.
ii) Hotel is out of town, with no wi-fi, so easier to check for messages etc on way back in evening, or at lunch stop.

Thank-you weebeeSteve, Pelican are 'the' name for this stuff, typically for bigger camera gear, and will be lighter than my steel plate idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL