Can you reccomend a strong case for Nexus 7 (Sport / Skiing)

Dave R Smith

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Despte my awesome skills I may fall over while skiing soon.
I will be taking my N7 and have seen threads referencing cracked screens, so thought I'd better get some protection for it.
I could just get 2 plates of metal, but wondered if there was something pre-made.
I'm thinking it needs to be something that doesn't flex if I land on it, rather than a scratch protector.
Not sure yet if it'll be comfortable in my jacket pocket or may have to put in rucsack - either way it needs protecting.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My recommendation would be to store it somewhere safe before you go skiing, as there really isn't a case that can protect it in that way. At least that I know of. Why would you need it while skiing anyways? I would think you would be more focused on that than messing with a tablet while zipping down a hillside.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My recommendation would be to store it somewhere safe before you go skiing, as there really isn't a case that can protect it in that way. At least that I know of. Why would you need it while skiing anyways? I would think you would be more focused on that than messing with a tablet while zipping down a hillside.

Dave R Smith

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Fair question Slender Troll, and I agree with sentiment, but;
i) I gather the gps works if you download map beforehand, so will be handy as I'm going to Milky Way (France/Italy border), quite a big area.
ii) Hotel is out of town, with no wi-fi, so easier to check for messages etc on way back in evening, or at lunch stop.

Thank-you weebeeSteve, Pelican are 'the' name for this stuff, typically for bigger camera gear, and will be lighter than my steel plate idea.