1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any charging keyboards available for the nexus 7?

Are there any keyboards that also charge the nexus while in use available for the nexus? Thanks in advance

Sent from an orange potato......no, really
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Default Re: Any charging keyboards available for the nexus 7?

there has been some chatter over at XDA about simultaneous data and charging over the microUSB connection and their conclusion seems to be you will need to root the N7 and install a modified kernal written by a poster Timur there. Read the thread and decide if you want to proceed. You can then use a powered hub with keyboard and whatever installed and charge at the same time.

I have this hub and it works well in general (I am not rooted so no exp with the above) and it provides enough power to charge the N7 without being overloaded (burns out hubs)
    Amazon.com: Plugable 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with 3A Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Any charging keyboards available for the nexus 7?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    there has been some chatter over at XDA about simultaneous data and charging over the microUSB connection and their conclusion seems to be you will need to root the N7 and install a modified kernal written by a poster Timur there. Read the thread and decide if you want to proceed. You can then use a powered hub with keyboard and whatever installed and charge at the same time.

I have this hub and it works well in general (I am not rooted so no exp with the above) and it provides enough power to charge the N7 without being overloaded (burns out hubs)
    Amazon.com: Plugable 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with 3A Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories
    Thanks, I'll check it out

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens