Any charging keyboards available for the nexus 7?

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
there has been some chatter over at XDA about simultaneous data and charging over the microUSB connection and their conclusion seems to be you will need to root the N7 and install a modified kernal written by a poster Timur there. Read the thread and decide if you want to proceed. You can then use a powered hub with keyboard and whatever installed and charge at the same time.

USB OTG Cable host mode while charging anyone try this accessory? - xda-developers
Can you charge & USB Host mode simultaneously? - Nexus 7 - RootzWiki - Page 4

I have this hub and it works well in general (I am not rooted so no exp with the above) and it provides enough power to charge the N7 without being overloaded (burns out hubs)
Amazon.com: Plugable 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with 3A Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
there has been some chatter over at XDA about simultaneous data and charging over the microUSB connection and their conclusion seems to be you will need to root the N7 and install a modified kernal written by a poster Timur there. Read the thread and decide if you want to proceed. You can then use a powered hub with keyboard and whatever installed and charge at the same time.

USB OTG Cable host mode while charging anyone try this accessory? - xda-developers
Can you charge & USB Host mode simultaneously? - Nexus 7 - RootzWiki - Page 4

I have this hub and it works well in general (I am not rooted so no exp with the above) and it provides enough power to charge the N7 without being overloaded (burns out hubs)
Amazon.com: Plugable 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with 3A Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories

Thanks, I'll check it out

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia