Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Seronac
  • 1 Post By Quelch
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Hip Pouch

Looking for a hip pouch for my Nexus 7 so I can carry it around during work and also have quick easy access when I need to use it.

Default Re: Hip Pouch

You mean like a 1980's fanny pack? J/K I side pouch would be pretty cool. Gonna start googling....let you know if I find something

Well it's a step in the right direction but a clip on the belt would be nice:

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's a step in the right direction but a clip on the belt would be nice:

http://www.gizmocentral.com.au/pouch-sleeve-for-7-inch-tablets-with-side-pocket-google-nexus-7-ipad-mini/

Found something similar to my first link: Again a hint in the right direction:

Amazon.com: Elan Sleeve for 7" Tablet Blk: MP3 Players & Accessories
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, it's like a fanny pack. I am currently using a Victorinox fanny pack but it cumbersome wearing on my hip because the Nexus 7 fits sideways (portrait) in the pack.
    Amazon.com: Victorinox Altmont 2.0 Orbital Waist Pack Quick Access Hip Pack - Moss/Gray: Clothing

I'am looking for a pack/pouch where the Nexus 7 fits the longways (landscape) down my hip/thigh. I found the modulR Hip/Shoulder Pouch for Tablets but the dimensions: 0.8 x 8.5 x 11 inches ; 5 ounces are to large for the Nexus 7.
    Amazon.com: modulR Hip/Shoulder Pouch for Tablets (A81-50-A): Computers & Accessories

How about some cargo pants? I got some from Cabela's that have large enough cargo pockets that the N7 fits fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    zero3187 and Wuzz Ranger like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Cargo pants would limit want I could wear. I mostly wear blue jeans and shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Seronac View Post
    How about some cargo pants?
    I also have a pair of cargo pants that my Nexus 7 fits in even with a case on it. I like to wear them specifically when I plan on bringing it out of the apartment.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I finally found a slim hip pouch that I can use for my Nexus 7 and carry small accessories. It was actually a day pack for $19.00 from the Army/Navy surplus store that came with a shoulder strap.
    I converted the shoulder strap to a belt with a buckle kit and a bar slide buckles from REI.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/pabloaf...21720391234274
    https://picasaweb.google.com/pabloaf...21618617437826

I also found it at Alpha Industries Day Pack : Bags, Accessories

If I had not have found this, I was considering buying one of these from the urban tool website.
    https://www.urbantool.com/hq/bags/show-slotbar
    https://www.urbantool.com/hq/tablet-bags/show-slyfox-7
    Last edited by pabloafter6; 03-28-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Most of my jeans fit my tablet in, have a look for one with big pockets

In the cooler months I wear a vest with nice big inside pockets
    Just tried it and the Nexus 7 fits easily and safer than in pants pockets

Too hot for a vest at the moment here, South East Queensland Australia (Sub tropical)
    liljew likes this.

Aaah, a "man purse". That works.
    I still prefer my cargo pants, but like the vest idea, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pabloafter6 View Post
    Looking for a hip pouch for my Nexus 7 so I can carry it around during work and also have quick easy access when I need to use it.
    I've been searching for the same thing. My ideal would be long belt loops that allow free swinging, like the UPS drivers wear for their tablets, but I can't find the source. Rather than sew one out of Cordura Ballistic cloth, I was thinking of modifying this one.

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00130772/k-G4653801?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kw={keyword}&gclid=CN-6it-h4bUCFSHZQgodzBIAuw

The dimensions would seem to allow easy (but a bit risky ) access to the Nexus 7. 9 x 5-3/4 x 3/4

Amazon.com: Brown Canvas Small Travel Portfolio Shoulder Bag: Clothing

I've used this with the original Galaxy Tab 7. Shoulder strap and belt loop.
    Comes in different colors
    Thanked by:
    liljew 

I've been thinking about this one.

ThinkGeek :: Grab-It Pack Gadget Holster

I'm still wavering between buying the Nexus 7 or upgrading my phone to the Galaxy S4. If I get the N7, I'll probably get this case to go with it.

I must be the luckiest guy on earth. I spent 5 days casually looking
    for a holster for my Nexus 7. I really buckled down to the point of headache
    on the last 2 days. Something told me to get some fresh air, so I go to the
    local Marshalls who has occasionally bailed me out when I needed a specific item
    of this holster. Adidas is negligent for not b promoting this as the ultimate 7 inch
    tablet case.
    I started to make do with the mini backpacks, the fanny pack that I could just sport
    across shoulder as opposed to embarrassingly across waist, and a bread loaf circular
    style because all were close to or around $5. Just then I find the thin ideal shoulder
    holster bag that is bound to impress. It is only 4 something. Instead of a gawdy label,
    adidas is small and tastefully written. The bag has a hidden velcro compartment for tab,
    1 slightly smaller for phone and a 3rd for IDs. While it can hold
    Keys, I recommend against anything that detracts from the beautiful slimness