Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Asus dock not working

I just got my nexus 7 this week and my Asus dock just came in the mail today. Much to my disapointment, I plugged it in and it doesn't charge or get audio through the dock. I read somewhere that 4.1.2 doesn't support docking but I verified I have 4.2.1. I don't get prompted about using the dock for audio like the YouTube video I saw either. I'm stumped. Am I missing something?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Asus dock not working

Could this be related to my build number? I'm on JOP40D
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I finally decided to contact ASUS support. They're saying my tablet needs to be RMA'd. I'll post up if it's resolved in case someone else has a similar problem

Sorry to see this Phantez. My dock is fine, tab build no JDQ39, and on 4.2.2 as of yesterday. No consolation, I know. Hope you get it sorted. Please post back with the outcome.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah. I updated to 4.2.2 yesterday in hopes of it fixing the issue, but it didnt. This is when I contacted ASUS and they didnt think it was a software issue. We'll see what they say
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I procrastinated on sending the tablet in, but i finally sent it about a week ago. I just got an update stating that a component needed to be replaced in the tablet and it is now working with the dock. I should have it back in about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantez View Post
    I procrastinated on sending the tablet in, but i finally sent it about a week ago. I just got an update stating that a component needed to be replaced in the tablet and it is now working with the dock. I should have it back in about a week.
    It seems unusual for a manufacturer to actually repair the item sent in for warranty work. I thought it was the usual practice to ship out a refurbished item.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by liljew View Post
    It seems unusual for a manufacturer to actually repair the item sent in for warranty work. I thought it was the usual practice to ship out a refurbished item.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I guess it depends on which is more cost effective. In this case simply repairing it probably was.

I agree with return_0 it's the manufacturer's prerogative. We don't expect a new car or home appliance just because ours needs warranty work, so we shouldn't expect a new electronic device if it's more cost effective for the manufacturer to do a warranty repair instead of totaling the device and replacing it.