Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default CD mount for car?

I want to use my n7 as a GPS device, as well as playing with torque. But I need a CD based mount as a windshield based mount simply doesn't work. I have one and its terrible with the nexus. Ive been looking at the ngroove 6000 as it supports 7 inch tablets but they keep pushing back the date. Was supposed to come out last month then this month, now its says spring sometime. Frankly I have no reason to believe it will ever come out, sounds like vaporware to me.

So is there any alternative that's reasonable? I know about proclip but they are far too expensive. Not paying $100 for a Mount.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Default Re: CD mount for car?

Quote Originally Posted by flux capacitor View Post
    I want to use my n7 as a GPS device, as well as playing with torque. But I need a CD based mount as a windshield based mount simply doesn't work. I have one and its terrible with the nexus. Ive been looking at the ngroove 6000 as it supports 7 inch tablets but they keep pushing back the date. Was supposed to come out last month then this month, now its says spring sometime. Frankly I have no reason to believe it will ever come out, sounds like vaporware to me.

So is there any alternative that's reasonable? I know about proclip but they are far too expensive. Not paying $100 for a Mount.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    There is both CD mounts and Air Vent mounts on eBay & Amazon - both way - way - better than screen mounts.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: CD mount for car?

Check out the Arkon Slim-Grip Ultra sticky dash mount. I like it much better than a vent mount:

Slim-Grip® Ultra™ Sticky Dashboard & Windshield Mount for Smartphones & Tablets (up to 8 in.)