1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    STOCK

Default Poetic Slimline Case (Final Version) for Nexus 7

Hey guys! I know there's another thread about this case but I thought I'd give my 2 cents in as well.

I too have gone back and forth on this case based on all the reviews of its poor quality. However I took the chance because this was the ONLY case that I really liked. I have just gotten this case today in the red/black version. At first glance I was super impressed. Here are my reasons why:

First reason: The look and feel. OMG. I LOVE this feeling. It's probably fake leather but it just feels so good to me.
    Second reason: the stand functionality was better than what I heard in the reviews. It was said that it fell easily when a slight bump was braced upon it. It was not so on my case. It stood firmly, being resistant to my fingers as I navigated throughout my tablet.
    Third reason: the magnet closing is just awesome. I just love that feeling of it shutting by the magnet.

All the issues previous reviews have said that is resolved with the latest version:
    fraying edges: there are no more rubber surrounding the edges for it to fray. So no more fraying.
    Magnet putting device to sleep when folded back. It has been resolved and it does not put my device to sleep and it lays flat lying down.
    Some have also said that it has horrible alignment with the device. I found everything exactly aligned correctly with no misalignment.

Here are some pictures I took with the case:

Granted I've only had this for one day, so far so good though! I will most definitely review this post in a couple of months to see how it holds up in the long run. Just a side note: poetic offers a 3 year warranty on this case so if it's breaking just get a new one from poetic with your warranty. I hope this helped a bit for those that are still considering this case for their nexus 7.

***If you have any questions for me regarding the Nexus 7 OR the Poetic Slimline Case feel free to PM me or QUOTE ME on here, it's very important that you quote me if you're posting here because I will never know you asked me something xD***

UPDATE: 04/29/2013
    It has been about a month now and my case hasn't changed at all since purchase. I have noticed that the cover will mark the screen but that's no biggie because like fingerprints, you can just wipe it off. Doesn't happen all the time so not a big deal. No magnets are coming out or becoming loose. Nothing is coming off or loose. Been using the case everyday, the stand works nicely still.
    Last edited by npark2012; 04-29-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Default Re: Poetic Slimline Case (Final Version) for Nexus 7

If you want to check out a another neat case check out . The KudoSol is a solar powered case for the Nexus 7, iPad 4 and iPad Mini.

Hrms... I have the older version with the rubber on the edges. I wonder if I can ask for the newer version?

Interesting. I went with a Nillkin case I found on ebay very similar to the Poetic Slimline after I read the horrible reviews on Amazon for the Poetic Slimline. I really love the Nillkin and have had no quality issues with it in the month that I've had it; it is a smart case but does not have the strong magnetic closure that you talk about which is probably the only downside I've found.

I want to bump this. I've had mine for a few months and it is great. One of the magnets did start coming our of the side, I emailed the company and they sent me a new case without requiring that I return mine. Fantastic service and great case. Customer for life now!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by iHelpYouShy View Post
    Hrms... I have the older version with the rubber on the edges. I wonder if I can ask for the newer version?
    Yes you certainly can! In fact when the new version came out, Poetic has given the customers with the old version the new version free of charge and told them they can keep the old one. Email them for sure! It's a 3 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Data View Post
    Interesting. I went with a Nillkin case I found on ebay very similar to the Poetic Slimline after I read the horrible reviews on Amazon for the Poetic Slimline. I really love the Nillkin and have had no quality issues with it in the month that I've had it; it is a smart case but does not have the strong magnetic closure that you talk about which is probably the only downside I've found.

I checked it out and I do like the way it looks. But few things I don't like, first it's in china so I'm sure the shipping will take forever, secondly if I was looking for a case I would look for a product with many reviews. that however has only like... 3 on Amazon. And last but not least, it's only a 6 months warranty compared to Poetic's 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Rennolds View Post
    If you want to check out a another neat case check out . The KudoSol is a solar powered case for the Nexus 7, iPad 4 and iPad Mini.
    Thanks for your suggestion but for my needs ( a slim case with sleep/wake cover that doesn't compromise the Nexus 7 size) that case probably won't do. And the battery on my nexus 7 is perfectly fine. Unlike my galaxy nexus....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by hunterx82 View Post
    I want to bump this. I've had mine for a few months and it is great. One of the magnets did start coming our of the side, I emailed the company and they sent me a new case without requiring that I return mine. Fantastic service and great case. Customer for life now!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    What's bump..?

It just means to make a comment in order to bring an older thread to the top of the list, thereby making it more prominent. True bumping, which is just posting a reply that says "bump," is frowned upon if done too often, but what HunterX82 did was an actual constructive comment, so it was a good bump!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    It just means to make a comment in order to bring an older thread to the top of the list, thereby making it more prominent. True bumping, which is just posting a reply that says "bump," is frowned upon if done too often, but what HunterX82 did was an actual constructive comment, so it was a good bump!
    Since when were you ambassador....? And what's an ambassador? lol

The Ambassadors used to be called Advisors. I was asked to become one just a couple of weeks ago. We're basically a bunch of people who are interested in helping people out on this forum, promoting a friendly and supportive atmosphere, and getting the word out about Android Central.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    The Ambassadors used to be called Advisors. I was asked to become one just a couple of weeks ago. We're basically a bunch of people who are interested in helping people out on this forum, promoting a friendly and supportive atmosphere, and getting the word out about Android Central.
    Ooh ok. cool!