charger cable breaks easily or just me?

Silvia Wu

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I had my nexus for a few months now and the charger cable is now broken, it charges still kinda.... But I have tried other cables they either don't even charge or take more than a day to charge my nexus. Did anyone else charger cable break easily or is it just me? And do you guys know where I can get another one from?

liljew

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
My cable started breaking down after two months. The charger works with another cable I had from a cheap e-reader.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The usb cable that came with my N7 doesn't charge but I think I might have damaged it myself so I've bought a couple of cables and they work fine with the charger.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I had my nexus for a few months now and the charger cable is now broken, it charges still kinda.... But I have tried other cables they either don't even charge or take more than a day to charge my nexus. Did anyone else charger cable break easily or is it just me? And do you guys know where I can get another one from?

If charging with multiple cables on the same charger is flakey, sounds like your charger is going bad. Make very sure you're using 2A charger, not just "some USB cable came with a phone." Look at the fine print on it under INPUT and OUTPUT. Phones often come with 1A or 700mA chargers that don't produce enough current for the Nexus 7 to charge quickly. The Nexus 7 charger is a 2A (2000mA) charger.

I've bought AmazonBasics and MediaBridge cables on Amazon, both good, sturdy, support good current flow on a 2A charger. Monoprice.com also sells good quality, cheap cables.

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters): Electronics (often out of stock, but keep watch, now cheaper than a year ago)
Amazon.com: Mediabridge Hi-Speed USB 2.0 - (6 Feet) - A-Male to Micro-B Cable: Computers & Accessories
Amazon.com: PowerGen Dual Port USB 2.1A 10W AC Travel Wall Charger - White: Kindle Store (I bought one of these in black for work, charges my N7, and my N4 through the LG Nexus wireless charger, which requires 1800mA to work)

If you're coiling up a cable for travel, I recommend coiling it in a circle with a Velcro tie, don't bunch it in a "8" pattern that puts repetitive bends in the same spots.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:

Kerami Roberts

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree that the charger is dodgy. Normal everyday charging since November and it is unpredictable. Have contacted customer support but I am now stuck as I don't want to pay for new device, send mine off to be told its not broken enough for them to refund my second lot of payment....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12