Nexus 7 and Blackberry Z10 are perfect combination. Love it.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
This is my second time with Nexus 7 but this time I have decided to keep it (i am still thinking of exchange it due to screen bleeding). Anyways, the tablet is pretty cool. To be perfectly honest i am blackberry fan. I have Blackberry Playbook and I just bought myself Blackberry Z10 which I am totally happy with and i would not trade it for any Android phone. However, Z10 as cool as it is it is missing some cool apps at this point. Playbook is cool too and it has its advantages but it is not as versatile as Nexus 7. Nexus 7 offers so much in terms of apps. Anyhow, my solution to missing apps on Z10 was to get myself Android Tablet and get the apps on it that are not availabe or not working on Z10. Nexus 7 is hands down the best tablet. There is no contest. Samsung,Lenovo etc. is pretty bad compared to Nexus 7. Not to mention that I do not need to wait for months for OS updates but instead i get them right all the way. This combination of Z10 and Nexus 7 is really working for me. I get the best of both words. 32Gb is a lot of storage especially that a lot of stuff i can just keep in the cloud. One thing that i have to get used to it is the home button. I am so used to swiping on Z10 and Playbook that it will take time for me to adjust. Overall i find android 4.2.2 pretty good os. i do not think it is as sophisticated as BB10 but it is good non the less. I like widgets,live wall papers and how the notification is done on Android. Overall cool tablet with some cool features. Happy to have it together with Z10.

240zron

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I also have a blackberry 9930 (work phone) with hotspot and I have a blackberry playbook. I love the phone and I love the fact that you can bridge the phone and playbook for internet use but, the lack of apps, and the waiting for the software update got so old that I had to buy a nexus 7 and couldn't be happier. The place I work is wanting me to upgrade to the z10, so I went and tried it for a few days and begged for my old phone back. Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance, but I hated it. I did get the 9930 back and I'm happy.

As far as I'm concerned, the playbook is junk com paired to the nexus7. I have it listed on eBay and won't miss it.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
PlayBook is ok for what it was selling for. Nexus 7 is hands down more versatile tablet because of app selection. Playbook needs os1 and os10 apps. It would be much more useful tthen. I do not know if i would buy another tablet at all. Phones make tablets almost unnecessary.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

tp2386

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
This is my second time with Nexus 7 but this time I have decided to keep it (i am still thinking of exchange it due to screen bleeding). Anyways, the tablet is pretty cool. To be perfectly honest i am blackberry fan. I have Blackberry Playbook and I just bought myself Blackberry Z10 which I am totally happy with and i would not trade it for any Android phone. However, Z10 as cool as it is it is missing some cool apps at this point. Playbook is cool too and it has its advantages but it is not as versatile as Nexus 7. Nexus 7 offers so much in terms of apps. Anyhow, my solution to missing apps on Z10 was to get myself Android Tablet and get the apps on it that are not availabe or not working on Z10. Nexus 7 is hands down the best tablet. There is no contest. Samsung,Lenovo etc. is pretty bad compared to Nexus 7. Not to mention that I do not need to wait for months for OS updates but instead i get them right all the way. This combination of Z10 and Nexus 7 is really working for me. I get the best of both words. 32Gb is a lot of storage especially that a lot of stuff i can just keep in the cloud. One thing that i have to get used to it is the home button. I am so used to swiping on Z10 and Playbook that it will take time for me to adjust. Overall i find android 4.2.2 pretty good os. i do not think it is as sophisticated as BB10 but it is good non the less. I like widgets,live wall papers and how the notification is done on Android. Overall cool tablet with some cool features. Happy to have it together with Z10.

Same here. I love the combination myself.

kojisan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep same here.
Just got my Nexus 7 last week and couldn't believe how awesome it is. Playbook is a waste of space and is now an enormous paper weight.
When BBM is available on Android it's going to be interesting to see what happens. I think that BB10 is a little more refined and intuitive than Android especially for a first gen OS but there is a considerable gap in app availability.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep same here.
Just got my Nexus 7 last week and couldn't believe how awesome it is. Playbook is a waste of space and is now an enormous paper weight.
When BBM is available on Android it's going to be interesting to see what happens. I think that BB10 is a little more refined and intuitive than Android especially for a first gen OS but there is a considerable gap in app availability.

Z10 browser is awesome. I find many mobile sites to be so good that there is no real need for apps. Say ebay for example

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Z10 user as well who just picked up a Nexus 7 today. It was on sale and I couldn't pass it up. It's going to be replacing my PlayBook, which sadly barely scratched the surface of the potential that it should've been capable of.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Z10 user as well who just picked up a Nexus 7 today. It was on sale and I couldn't pass it up. It's going to be replacing my PlayBook, which sadly barely scratched the surface of the potential that it should've been capable of.

I did exactly the same thing. I sold playbook on eBay and bought nexus 7. Z10 is truly awesome phone but Playbook started collecting dust. No BB10 update for Playbook was the last straw for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2