Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By worknman
  • 1 Post By worknman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default Hard to believe but the Nexus 7 dock is even worse than the Nexus 4 wireless charging orb

Just got the official Nexus 7 dock in the mail today, and I can get it to charge, but if a mouse farts anywhere in my house, it loses the connection with the pogo pins. Forget trying to actually use the touch screen while it's docked, unless you pretend your finger is a feather. Even by some miracle it doesn't stop charging almost immediately after docked, audio sometimes plays only through one speaker, and sometimes not at all.

Anyone else with similar problems?

Global Posts
    5,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Hard to believe but the Nexus 7 dock is even worse than the Nexus 4 wireless charging orb

Quote Originally Posted by worknman View Post
    Just got the official Nexus 7 dock in the mail today, and I can get it to charge, but if a mouse farts anywhere in my house, it loses the connection with the pogo pins. Forget trying to actually use the touch screen while it's docked, unless you pretend your finger is a feather. Even by some miracle it doesn't stop charging almost immediately after docked, audio sometimes plays only through one speaker, and sometimes not at all.

Anyone else with similar problems?
    I've had no issues with mine; I'd have them warranty replace yours with all of those issues it sounds like you got a bad one.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default Re: Hard to believe but the Nexus 7 dock is even worse than the Nexus 4 wireless charging orb

Check out this video (I can't link to a specific time apparently, so skip to about 4:00):

You see at around the 4:43 mark where he barely taps the top of it, and it reconnects. Mine is even more finicky than that. Guess I'll have mine replaced, and hope for the best.
    knowname likes this.

I would send it back. My 2 day old doc is fine in all respects. All I've read around the web makes me wonder about QC problems.
    I have one suggestion. Clean the contact point on the Nexus and see if it helps. I'd try a damp Q tip with alcohol.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Update: Just in case anyone happens to come across this thread and having the same issue ...

I noticed that one of the corners on my Nexus 7 was VERY slightly unhinged. Once I snapped it back together, it charges fine now. Still have to press down on it when I place it on the dock, but at least it doesn't stop charging if I breathe on it wrong.
    Darth Spock likes this.

I have my Nexus 7 Dock since March 2013 and at the beginning it worked fine. But now I have also the problem with the contact and it sometimes isn't possible to get the Nexus 7 in the dock to charge. Now I have contacted Play Store Support and they only offered me to get me back the money instead of changing the device for me with one which works.

I am not the only one with this issue?! Wow...OK mine worked perfect for months and now its super hard to get it to charge. I have to do the touch wiggle press move lean until I can get it to stay but then a slight breeze will ruin it.

Has anyone found a working fix/solution? I don't even think they sell them anymore

Having the same issue with device losing contact seemingly without warning. Have to check it every once in a while. It's a shame, dock feels really sturdy and has that great heft to it. Might have to rubberband the damn thing in from now on.