Any Reason Why This Wouldn't Work With a Nexus 7 (or 10)

Longjohn119

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
It's a dual SATA hardrive dock with multi card reader and 2 usb ports and it's own power supply. It looks to have the room to adapt the front bay to hold a Nexus device with a 'pogo pin' charger hookup making it a true all in one docking station. It looks to me like it's basically a standard USB 2.0 hub with a SATA to USB converter in one of the four inputs, a multicard to USB reader in another and the remaining two brought out to the front panel. Since the Nexus 7 (and 10) works with most of these devices already this looks to me like it should work and replace the rat's nest of a powered USB hub, SATA to USB hardrive,case with cord, and a USB card reader and whatever else I plug into the powered hub.

All-in-1 2.5"/3.5" SATA Dual HDD Docking Station with One Touch Backup

It can also be used to clone hardrives which can come in handy sometmes from many of us. It also has an eSATA input which isn't listed but you can see it in the photos

Longjohn119

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I just want to affirm that this functions 100% on a Nexus 7 (2012) as well as a Nexus 10 .... plus you can use it as a fast disc cloner or one touch backup on a PC (Only USB 2.0 though)

For under 30 bucks you have a powered USB hub with a built-in memory card to USB reader and a dual SATA to USB converter with the remaining 2 USB ports brought out to the front for thumbdrives or a USB keyboard .... I had it rigged up with a hard drive, a thumb drive and a SD card all at once for storage and a wireless USB keyboard/mouse combo .... It has a 12 V 3 amp (36W) power brick which looks plenty for this (Especially with a single 2.5" drive and nothing in the reader or usb ports) so I'm hoping I can squeeze out the 10W (5V 2 A) I need for a pogo pin charger and rig it into a charging dock also .... I have a nice 3A DC-DC converter that I should be able to slip in there somewhere with no problem

If Google or no one else will come out with a decent docking/charging station for the Nexus line I'll just make one myself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781