- 1 Posts
Charging my Nexus 7 and using USB peripherals at the same time
This was an interesting solution I came across while looking for a way to charge my Nexus7 and use USB peripherals at the same time. I'm not sure how interesting it is to others, but since I also use my tablet at work for a lot of different things, I think it could have some potential:
- 02-27-2014, 09:59 PM #2
- 2,627 Posts
Re: Charging my Nexus 7 and using USB peripherals at the same time
I am not sure about the 2013 model but the original Nexus 7 can't make use of this device. Most mobile device will be able to but the Nexus 7 actually sends power out the USB port when in OTG mode and is stated limitation of the original Nexus 7. I am sorry to give you the info but I did extensive research in the area while trying to setup a desktop PC like workstation for my son to use his Nexus 7 as a Android desktop computer when at home. This turned into a major project in the process getting the right monitor, keyboard, and mouse. But we could never get it to recharge while using any USB devices unless we waited for all the devices to goto sleep the it would allow charging.
So unless there is some real tech magic going on this shouldn't work so try to get proof someone tried it with a Nexus 7 first if I was you.
- By BMWBig6 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 27Last Post: 06-28-2016, 01:57 AM
- By Wobblin30 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4Replies: 7Last Post: 04-05-2014, 11:10 PM
- By kingofk1ngs in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
- By Eljazz in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-27-2014, 12:57 PM
- By RLNRachs in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-27-2014, 11:52 AM