Nexus 7 battery life went to crap 3 or 4 weeks ago

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
So about the time I upgraded to 4.4.4 my battery life went to complete crap. I don't even have to use it at all and from 6:30am to 10pm it goes from 100% to 60%...If I use it even a little it drops into the low 50s. Just a month ago I was able to leave it off the charger for 5 or 6 days of light to no use and 3 or so days of moderate use. Now moderate use and it's spent in 12 hours.

Cleared my cache partition, rebooted, reinstalled a few apps, the battery meter shows it is android using the battery. Any tips, help or thoughts?

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
So about the time I upgraded to 4.4.4 my battery life went to complete crap. I don't even have to use it at all and from 6:30am to 10pm it goes from 100% to 60%...If I use it even a little it drops into the low 50s. Just a month ago I was able to leave it off the charger for 5 or 6 days of light to no use and 3 or so days of moderate use. Now moderate use and it's spent in 12 hours.

Cleared my cache partition, rebooted, reinstalled a few apps, the battery meter shows it is android using the battery. Any tips, help or thoughts?

Aww...my gosh did you just said that you are able to leave the charger for 5 to 6 days ??? How its possible your battery life seems to be too much much good than all other device and you are telling that after upgrading your device to 4.4.4, you are using it for almost 5 hours and battery decreases to the 60% well I guess this is common for me my battery level decreases to 60% just after using it for 5-6 hours :( I wonder what makes your battery lasting for 5-6days ?? Have you installed any battery saver application or ...??

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Aww...my gosh did you just said that you are able to leave the charger for 5 to 6 days ??? How its possible your battery life seems to be too much much good than all other device and you are telling that after upgrading your device to 4.4.4, you are using it for almost 5 hours and battery decreases to the 60% well I guess this is common for me my battery level decreases to 60% just after using it for 5-6 hours :( I wonder what makes your battery lasting for 5-6days ?? Have you installed any battery saver application or ...??
When all I was doing was listening to the economist for an hour a day and check email a couple times, I could pull it off monday morning and it wouldn't go back on till friday night or saturday.

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
When all I was doing was listening to the economist for an hour a day and check email a couple times, I could pull it off monday morning and it wouldn't go back on till friday night or saturday.

Well, that was totally great ! I'll also try doing the same but i am sure it's going to drain the battery down more faster ! anyway I though you may be using some apps to reduce the battery consumption but i think the scenario is totally different for your device (I would say good battery life over here) I am pretty much sure the day you're device is going to be feed with the next update i.e Android L then your device is going to give you more .... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888