Anyone overclock it yet?

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just curious. I've seen the settings posted to XDA but can't find the link. I think rather than overclock it I'll just wait for Antutu's CPU master to come along. It's fast enough as it is so tweaking it with that (assuming it allows is) should be enough.

I overclocked my Kindle Fire and used CPU master to set it on performance. I made DRASTIC improvements. It also eats the living daylights out of my battery.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if the stock kernel will typically support overclocking.. I'd say if you've unlocked/rooted you could install SetCPU and see what options are available, though more likely you'll just need to wait a bit until some custom kernels become available which I'm sure will be soon enough.

Reactions: zero neck

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Using Motley now. It gets lower benchmarks than the Atlantis one even though it's 100 higher and has GPU support. Odd but I never fully trust benchmark tests anyway. Real world, well to be honest I haven't seen a change between stock, Atlantis, and Motley. When I overclocked my Kindle it made a world of difference but apparently I'm nowhere near taxing my Nexus.

Has anyone found an answer to the power management problem. It resets the CPU max to 1300 if the screen locks. I'm using a program that overclocks it on boot but it doesn't deal with screen lock.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Never mind the above question. It seems that the 1300 max is just a reporting issue. I used CPUspy and the device uses the kernel max. I play "Where's My Perry" and it hit 1600 for a few seconds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan