Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: [VIDEO] Unlock, Root, & Clockwork for the Nexus 7 Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Billo86 View Post
    Mediafire has blocked the universal naked driver.zip. any chance og reuploading it?
    Here you go, sir: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/Un...river_0.72.zip
    Thanked by 2:
    Billo86 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #252  

Mediafire has blocked the universal naked driver.zip. any chance og reuploading it?
    Link fixed, and mirror also added.
    Thanked by:

hey, i have entered "fastboot oem unlock" in cmd window. then ... appaeared, but nothing more happens, neither on the tablet or cmd window. any suggestions?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #254  

hey, i have entered "fastboot oem unlock" in cmd window. then ... appaeared, but nothing more happens, neither on the tablet or cmd window. any suggestions?
    What does it say when you enter "fastboot oem devices"?
    Thanked by:

^i am following your vid, and i typed "fastboot oem unlock" like you did in the vid. then my cmd window shows "..." just like your video but nothing more happens. The tablet is on android robot and cmd is "..." and i cant type anything in it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #256  

^i am following your vid, and i typed "fastboot oem unlock" like you did in the vid. then my cmd window shows "..." just like your video but nothing more happens. The tablet is on android robot and cmd is "..." and i cant type anything in it.
    enter "fastboot oem devices" and tell me what it says
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    enter "fastboot oem devices" and tell me what it says
    *Just "fastboot devices"
    Thanked by:

command write failed <unkown error>
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #259  

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    *Just "fastboot devices"
    oops, yeah that I need to fully wake up before coming on the forums.

fastboot devices
    Thanked by:

015d3cxxxxxxxx fastboot

then back to c:/nexus7
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #261  

015d3cxxxxxxxx fastboot
    Then when you type "fastboot oem unlock" a prompt should appear on your tablet to accept the unlock. Unless it's already unlocked - does it say the bootoader is "locked" or "unlocked" on the bottom left of the screen?
    Thanked by:

nope,
    its still gives me " failed <command write error <error unkown>

says locked in red

ive download the nexus7.zip from your first post and download universal from this page. followed everything like you showed in the video. made sure i spelled everything right in cmd window
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #263  

nope,
    its still gives me " failed <command write error <error unkown>

says locked in red

ive download the nexus7.zip from your first post and download universal from this page. followed everything like you showed in the video. made sure i spelled everything right in cmd window
    Try a different USB port and/or a different USB cable.
    Thanked by 2:

Different usb worked, got that meesage on the tablet you got in the vid. gonna follow your instructions there. thanks for the help xD

i chose " install zip from sd card / choose zip from sd card" like you did in the vid but nothing happens. its says "e:cant mount /SDCARD/"

i think i have a idea whats going wrong in my case. i have daemon tool installed, and i try to push supersu.zip to sdcard, it says "daemon not running, daemon started succesfully. so it sends the zip to daemon software rather then the tablet. going to unistall daemon now but it will ask to restart my pc. is it safe to that whit my tablet in clockworkmod?

so uninstalled daemon tools software, didnt restart my pc since i wasnt sure if i should with my tablet connected to it. i pushed supersu.zip again and rebooted revocery. it still cant mount sdcard
    Last edited by Billo86; 12-24-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

i chose " install zip from sd card / choose zip from sd card" like you did in the vid but nothing happens. its says "e:cant mount /SDCARD/"

i think i have a idea whats going wrong in my case. i have daemon tool installed, and i try to push supersu.zip to sdcard, it says "daemon not running, daemon started succesfully. so it sends the zip to daemon software rather then the tablet. going to unistall daemon now but it will ask to restart my pc. is it safe to that whit my tablet in clockworkmod?

so uninstalled daemon tools software, didnt restart my pc since i wasnt sure if i should with my tablet connected to it. i pushed supersu.zip again and rebooted revocery. it still cant mount sdcard
    Make sure you are using the latest recovery. Download the image from here: ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

Scroll down to Google Nexus 7, and select the appropriate touch version for either the standard or GSM enabled device, whichever you have. Then just like you did earlier, flash it from the bootloader and boot into it, then use that to flash the supersu.zip. Also make sure it is the most recent SuperSU zip, v .99, available here: SuperSU Download

@ragnarokx, check the OP files and make sure they have the latest recovery and su available as well, or people will have problems with anything 4.2 or later
    Thanked by 2:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #267  

Read the second entry in Troubleshooting at the start of this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #268  

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Make sure you are using the latest recovery. Download the image from here: ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

Scroll down to Google Nexus 7, and select the appropriate touch version for either the standard or GSM enabled device, whichever you have. Then just like you did earlier, flash it from the bootloader and boot into it, then use that to flash the supersu.zip. Also make sure it is the most recent SuperSU zip, v .99, available here: SuperSU Download

@ragnarokx, check the OP files and make sure they have the latest recovery and su available as well, or people will have problems with anything 4.2 or later
    Good call, haven't updated in a while.

Updated CWM and SU in OP.
    Thanked by:
    2defmouze likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #269  

I also added an option for GSM recovery.

using the new files helped me, so now i have supersui thingy. my next move is to figure out what roms and other stuff is before trying to install one of those. and yeppp, i am a total noob
    thanks for your help guys.

Just finished rooting my new nexus 7,this thing is fast and beautiful

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." Google Nexus 7 Bootloader interface then it says Access is Denied. What is this coming from? I have full access to the files...

EDIT: Alright got it rooted and supersu is a champ and running smooth. Now what is a good ROM to install?
    Last edited by mvp4him3; 12-26-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #273  

Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." Google Nexus 7 Bootloader interface then it says Access is Denied. What is this coming from? I have full access to the files...

EDIT: Alright got it rooted and supersu is a champ and running smooth. Now what is a good ROM to install?
    I'm using SlimBean. Nice features, light and fast, and no problems yet.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    I'm using SlimBean. Nice features, light and fast, and no problems yet.
    Thanks man, might give that a try. I googled it and is it the one that has a whole site made for it? slimroms.com?
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #275  

Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    Thanks man, might give that a try. I googled it and is it the one that has a whole site made for it? slimroms.com?
    That's the one.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast