Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: [VIDEO] Unlock, Root, & Clockwork for the Nexus 7 Tablet

I also found doing fix permission and the rebooting recovery to get the zip to flash.

Noob question - some people have said that CRM causes OTA updates to fail. Others have said that they don't fail they just don't auto-install and you have to click on them after a reboot. Which is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    If both of you were attempting to push supersu.zip while in Clockwork (black screen with yellow letters), rebooting Clockwork may have fixed your problem. You can reboot Clockwork by typing "adb reboot recovery" in Windows command prompt, or going to Advanced>Reboot recovery on the tablet.
    Thank you for responding.. I got it to work now.. For some reason the SuperSu.zip file would not transfer to SD.. I finally got it to work, after trying a reboot as you recommended.

Thank you for the tutorial and the help.. Now back to enjoying this tablet.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by mkiker2089 View Post
    Noob question - some people have said that CRM causes OTA updates to fail. Others have said that they don't fail they just don't auto-install and you have to click on them after a reboot. Which is correct?
    They just don't auto-install. Android downloads the OTA, boots into recovery to install, but the (stock) recovery isn't there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I see, thank you. It's not a big deal anyway as the updates are easy to find. Having them download makes it even easier.

I think for now I'll just unlock the bootloader and root it. Maybe later on I'll do a recovery. I don't have anything on mine to lose yet being that it's still on the UPS truck.

Please help, I accidently hit reboot system now instead of installing the supersu.zip, and it rebooted, and bootlooped for ever, then I took the usb from my computer our of the tablet and it rebooted fine. What do I do now, everything went well up to that point. Please help, thankyou
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by babygetoboy View Post
    Please help, I accidently hit reboot system now instead of installing the supersu.zip, and it rebooted, and bootlooped for ever, then I took the usb from my computer our of the tablet and it rebooted fine. What do I do now, everything went well up to that point. Please help, thankyou
    Turn off the tablet, then hold vol down and power to get to the boot loader. Use the volume keys to go to Recovery mode and power to select it. Then pick up right where you left off.

Thanked by:

Thanks for the video! I just watched it and plan on doing it first thing when I open up my shipment tonight.

Quick question: Will doing this immediately erase anything I could possibly need? Only thing I can think that could possibly be affected are the Transformers movie and my Google Play credit. Not sure if the movie is on the "SD Card", cloud-based, or something else. Just want to make sure I won't miss out on anything if I do this on first boot.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by mikec8785 View Post
    Thanks for the video! I just watched it and plan on doing it first thing when I open up my shipment tonight.

Quick question: Will doing this immediately erase anything I could possibly need? Only thing I can think that could possibly be affected are the Transformers movie and my Google Play credit. Not sure if the movie is on the "SD Card", cloud-based, or something else. Just want to make sure I won't miss out on anything if I do this on first boot.
    Any movies or apps from the Play Store can be downloaded again if needed. The $25 credit is linked to your Google account, not stored on your device.

Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Woah, this is sick. Well done man, thanks.

Also, THANKS FOR THIS. Now we all gotta start making videos...
    ragnarokx likes this.

I tried rebooting into recovery from bootloaded, and it hung on the google logo for a few minutes and did nothing, so I had to reboot it, any idea?

Where I am having a problem:

I unlocked, put in the CWM recovery img, but haven't been able to get the supersu.zip to push across

I type in:

adb push supersu.zip /sdcard/

Output: 1325 KB/s (674673 bytes in 0.497s)

It appears it has pushed it over...so I type in: adb reboot recovery

But when I try to install zip from sdcard in CWM recovery...I get this: No files found

It isn't pushing supersu.zip over for some reason?

I'm under device manager, and I don't see:

Android Device at all...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

I tried rebooting into recovery from bootloaded, and it hung on the google logo for a few minutes and did nothing, so I had to reboot it, any idea?
    My Nexus 7 likes to randomly freeze like that, even before I unlocked and rooted. Try going back to the bootloader and selecting Recovery mode again.

Quote Originally Posted by tdiebold View Post
    Where I am having a problem:

I unlocked, put in the CWM recovery img, but haven't been able to get the supersu.zip to push across

I type in:

adb push supersu.zip /sdcard/

Output: 1325 KB/s (674673 bytes in 0.497s)

It appears it has pushed it over...so I type in: adb reboot recovery

But when I try to install zip from sdcard in CWM recovery...I get this: No files found

It isn't pushing supersu.zip over for some reason?
    Try rebooting all the way (to the setup screen/launcher), then going back to Clockwork and trying again.

Alternatively, you can just start the tablet, wait for your computer to recognize it as a device, then drag and drop supersu.zip into the tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Droidintorrance View Post
    I'm under device manager, and I don't see:

Android Device at all...
    Try a different USB cord and/or port.
    Thanked by 2:
    ace-r1i1der 
    i1der likes this.

I did install the Legacy Devices and forced the Drivers, but they still appear under Samsung Android Devices...

I can't unlock from Command Prompt, I'm hung up on the drivers again... is the Gnex Drivers interfering with this..?

I unplug everything just to be safe... should I uninstall Samsung Gnex drivers? and start over..?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by Droidintorrance View Post
    I unplug everything just to be safe... should I uninstall Samsung Gnex drivers? and start over..?
    That's what I would do. Uninstall and delete the Samsung drivers (right click the device, go to uninstall, and check the delete box before uninstalling).
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

ClockworkMod Recovery updated to v6.0.0.4 r3 in 1st post (Nexus7.zip)
    Thanked by 2:
    zero neck likes this.

how do we update to the new ClockworkMod Recovery if we did followed the video already with the first one?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

how do we update to the new ClockworkMod Recovery if we did followed the video already with the first one?
    You can flash the new Clockwork the same way you flashed the old one

First download the new Nexus7 zip, pull out clockwork.img and place it in your existing nexus7 folder (overwrite or rename the old one). While in the bootloader, "fastboot flash recovery clockwork.img".
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock/Rooted. for now

Quote Originally Posted by jchice2 View Post
    SHWELL

I had the same issue, I just started over skipping the unlock step and everything worked correctly.
    I had the same issue, even had to push supersu multiple times and reboot recovery twice before supersu would show in the sdcard.

But once it showed it worked as expected from there
    Open your mind.
    -Kuato

Hey, thanks for the tutorial! I'm having an issue though.

Like some others I got stuck trying to push supersu.zip. When I went to go push it, it seems to go as the command prompt shows something similar to what it shows on your screen. Then when I go to install fom SD card, clockwork says "couldn't open directory, couldn't open directory, No files found."

I can't seem to reboot since it just gets stuck in bootloops.

I've booted to recovery and tried to do everything over again and it doesn't work. Help?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Quote Originally Posted by Southrncomfortjm View Post
    Hey, thanks for the tutorial! I'm having an issue though.

Like some others I got stuck trying to push supersu.zip. When I went to go push it, it seems to go as the command prompt shows something similar to what it shows on your screen. Then when I go to install fom SD card, clockwork says "couldn't open directory, couldn't open directory, No files found."

I can't seem to reboot since it just gets stuck in bootloops.

I've booted to recovery and tried to do everything over again and it doesn't work. Help?
    While in Clockwork, type "adb reboot recovery" into Windows command prompt. Clockwork should read files correctly and see SuperSU.zip after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    While in Clockwork, type "adb reboot recovery" into Windows command prompt. Clockwork should read files correctly and see SuperSU.zip after that.
    Tried it several times, still can't get it to install from SD card, it doesn't seem to be able to find the SD card at all, says "Couldn't find directory, no files found."

I just got my Nexus 7 and I'm getting stuck at installing the drivers. When I try to update the drivers and I select the folder with them, it tells me, "Google Nexus 7 BoatLoader Interface. Access is denied." I'm not sure why I'm getting this, and I could use some help. Thanks.

me too
    i am getting an error while trying to install the drivers
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast