[VIDEO] Unlock, Root, & Clockwork for the Nexus 7 Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone susbstitute TWRP 2.2 instead of clockwork yet? Haven't received my N7 yet (blast you, Google!!), but I'm going to flash TWRP instead of clockwork.

6.0.0.5 was a little wonky on my Gnex anyway, and I think I like TWRP better.

Anyone running 2.2 on their N7?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone susbstitute TWRP 2.2 instead of clockwork yet? Haven't received my N7 yet (blast you, Google!!), but I'm going to flash TWRP instead of clockwork.

6.0.0.5 was a little wonky on my Gnex anyway, and I think I like TWRP better.

Anyone running 2.2 on their N7?

I will be. Mine's out for delivery as we speak and I'll be unlocked and flashing TWRP within a few minutes of getting it out of the box :D

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Btw, a big thanks to all of you guys at ac that make guides and videos and such. Everyone is really friendly here too, which is why this is pretty much the only android forum I post in. You ALL are great, and I'm sure more people appreciate you, than speak up and say so. You guys \m/.

Anywho... looking very forward to Google sending this thing so I can tinker. A little off topic, sorry.

Carry on :)

scg1981

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I am running into an issue here. I was able to manually root and flash CWR. However; when I try to boot into CWR by pressing power/vol down and selecting "Recovery" the tablet just hangs at the Google logo and I end up having to reset the tablet. I know CWR stuck, because I am able to reboot into it from Rom Manager. Rom Manager also shows CWR as being my current recovery.

Also, when prior to rebooting the tablet from within CWR, I am getting a message stating that the current ROM might try to flash stock recovery and it asks me if I want to disable the flash. I have tried selecting "yes" and "no", but they both get me the same results.

I am on 4.1.1. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just re-flash the stock recovery and live with that?

I appreciate any help you guys are able to give me. :cool:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I am running into an issue here. I was able to manually root and flash CWR. However; when I try to boot into CWR by pressing power/vol down and selecting "Recovery" the tablet just hangs at the Google logo and I end up having to reset the tablet. I know CWR stuck, because I am able to reboot into it from Rom Manager. Rom Manager also shows CWR as being my current recovery.

Also, when prior to rebooting the tablet from within CWR, I am getting a message stating that the current ROM might try to flash stock recovery and it asks me if I want to disable the flash. I have tried selecting "yes" and "no", but they both get me the same results.

I am on 4.1.1. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just re-flash the stock recovery and live with that?

I appreciate any help you guys are able to give me. :cool:

Sounds like you're using Clockwork v6.0.0.X. If so, download the Nexus7.zip from the first post and flash the Clockwork.img inside. It's v5.8.0.2, and works better IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
im trying to push over the supersu.zip but when i try i get this. error: more than one device and emulator
does anyone know how to fix this?? please

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get to recovery through the bootloader. I followed these instructions the first night I got my Nexus 7 and successfully unlocked the bootloader, loaded CWM (I used the newest version, which had some problems), and pushed supersu.

I kept up with this thread and noticed that the newest version of CWM was causing problems so I pushed the previous version using fasboot/adb and successfully booted into CWM through adb and figured everything was good.

Today I decided I should do a nandroid since I finally got everything configured how I want it. I boot into bootloader and then try to go to recovery but it just gets stuck at the Google screen with the unlocked "lock" icon so I just hard reset it by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.

Any idea what happened with CWM? Did I just have a bad flash through fastboot? Should I try it again? Or, should I flash stock recovery, boot into that, reboot, and then flash CWM?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get to recovery through the bootloader. I followed these instructions the first night I got my Nexus 7 and successfully unlocked the bootloader, loaded CWM (I used the newest version, which had some problems), and pushed supersu.

I kept up with this thread and noticed that the newest version of CWM was causing problems so I pushed the previous version using fasboot/adb and successfully booted into CWM through adb and figured everything was good.

Today I decided I should do a nandroid since I finally got everything configured how I want it. I boot into bootloader and then try to go to recovery but it just gets stuck at the Google screen with the unlocked "lock" icon so I just hard reset it by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.

Any idea what happened with CWM? Did I just have a bad flash through fastboot? Should I try it again? Or, should I flash stock recovery, boot into that, reboot, and then flash CWM?

From the troubleshooting section (post #4):
There are two boot issues. One as you described...bootloader will not boot to recovery on key presses without a PC.

The other is that the zip version of this CWM causes it to only boot to recovery...no way to boot back to system. Kind of the opposite problem in a way

There is currently a problem going from bootloader->Clockwork. Use an app like Quick Boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance