Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

who cant do it try always typing fastboot-windows before any command you do. im on win8 and couldnt figure it out before

Thumbs up Re: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

Thank you for this awesome, easy to follow tutorial.

the nakasi file doesn't work for me. it is a tar file when I download it. Help?

and when I boot into the bootloader there is no fast boot option. restart bootloader, recovery mode, power off and start are the only options I see

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Just a heads up, not sure if it was already covered, but i found on my system that the files won't transfer properly over adb if your connection is USB 3.0

i am having some problem with supersu after restoring to 4.3. How do you update the Su binary?

A very big Thank You to 2defmouze and dmmarck for this excellent tutorial. Made a full recovery from the mess I made trying to install CM10. Think I'll stay with stock Nexus 7 for awhile.

Thanks 2defmouze for this GUIDE

My 2013 N7 was bricked after the latest update. Before I did anything, it would go into fastboot, or stay on the nexus screen, but that's it. I managed to get through all the steps right up to flashing the actual factory image, which is where I get an error. It just says "failed to load: no error."

Any suggestions?

*****Ok, ignore below, i left it for about an hour and came back and it had flashed 4.2.2 successfully and is now getting the 4.3 update via OTA*****

I've been having an issue restoring stock on my 1st gen N7 Wifi as well.

I was using Wugs toolkit to reflash stock and unroot and it errored out due to bootloader version (mine is 4.18) so i tried manually and i get this error

Code:
    sending 'bootloader' (2100 KB).
    OKAY [  2.212s]
    writing 'bootloader'...
    FAILED (remote: (InvalidState))
    finished. total time: 2.355s
    SO after this I tried flashing factory 4.2.2 since that is what the rom i was using was based off and everything goes fine and then it just hangs on sending the system files.

I have tried multiple full wipes and reflashing it all manually now but it always hangs on sending system files.

I can get into fastboot and that is all, can't even get into recovery.
    I have also made sure Im not using USB 3.0.

and heres the log from trying to flash 4.2.2

Code:
    c:\FLASH>fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jdq39.zip
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    --------------------------------------------
    Bootloader Version...: 4.18
    Baseband Version.....: N/A
    Serial Number........: 015d24a81713fe06
    --------------------------------------------
    checking product...
    OKAY [  0.030s]
    checking version-bootloader...
    OKAY [  0.017s]
    sending 'boot' (4944 KB)...
    OKAY [  5.201s]
    writing 'boot'...
    OKAY [  0.186s]
    sending 'recovery' (5446 KB)...
    OKAY [  5.736s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [  0.181s]
    erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [  0.051s]
    sending 'system' (471804 KB)...

Worked a treat,....OMG, thanks guys,...thought I'd bricked my N7!
    Had to manually reboot into bootloader rather than use dos command after going into platform tools, then flashed the image.
    I'm an absolute novice, and followed and watched the guide step by step.
    great work!!

I have a Nexus 7 that only boots in bootloader mode and from there won't do anything. Trying to boot gets the message "booting failed".
    I tried installing the factory 4.3 but 'checking version-bootloader failed' version is 4.18 update requires 4.23. So I tried installing factory 4.18 which worked but the tablet still only boots in bootloader and nothing works there except the "booting failed" message.
    This machine was on Rootbox 4.2 version one successfully but version 2 started system files crashing so I decided to go stock. Using Wug's toolkit although I appreciate the fastboot commands you have assembled.

Exclamation Re: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

Hey guys, need help. I am trying to restore the factory image of my N7 but the image write fails, I've tried to do the cmd thing but it doesn't seem to work. Is there any other way to flash the factory image????
    The present condition is that my tablet boots into bootloader and then to recovery but there ain't no OS.
    I read somewhere that a guy mounted a Usb via OTG through the recovery and then flashed the factory image. Should I try it? Will it work???

having serious trouble.. do i download andriod sdk?? where i get it from?

it all started after I left my tablet on standby for a week and I finally returned try to turn it on but id didn't do crap so I went and charge it it didn't light up the icon of charging so I went and press the 3 buttons reset and so the icon so let it charge all night on the morning I try to turn it on and it got stock on google logo screen not even the X logo screen. so I try the recovery but it never got to recovery everything send me to the google logo... after many searches and reading I decided to unlocked the boot loader and then install the factory image... reason why I'm here, everything went smooth, till the part where is writing userdata it gets me the following FAILED (remote: (FileWriteFailed))

and thats it.... can anyone help me on this please?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sharkxelectronics View Post
    it all started after I left my tablet on standby for a week and I finally returned try to turn it on but id didn't do crap so I went and charge it it didn't light up the icon of charging so I went and press the 3 buttons reset and so the icon so let it charge all night on the morning I try to turn it on and it got stock on google logo screen not even the X logo screen. so I try the recovery but it never got to recovery everything send me to the google logo... after many searches and reading I decided to unlocked the boot loader and then install the factory image... reason why I'm here, everything went smooth, till the part where is writing userdata it gets me the following FAILED (remote: (FileWriteFailed))

and thats it.... can anyone help me on this please?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

thanks!
    Hi, sharkxelectronics...

Never heard of this problem occurring with userdata before... if it fails anywhere, it's usually with system.

Try disconnecting your Nexus 7 from your computer and reconnecting it to a different USB port... reboot the bootloader and try again.

Rgrds,
    Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by GedBlake View Post
    Hi, sharkxelectronics...

Never heard of this problem occurring with userdata before... if it fails anywhere, it's usually with system.

Try disconnecting your Nexus 7 from your computer and reconnecting it to a different USB port... reboot the bootloader and try again.

Rgrds,
    Ged.
    Thanks for the reply and I have try it with 2 diferent computers on diferent usb ports and still the same thing... any other input?

***solved***

Can someone point me in the right direction? I cant get my computer to recognize my nexus. When i enter the prompt to flash the bootloader it just says waiting for device and nothing happens. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

[GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore-step8.png

I'm getting that result when i'm executing step 8...
    Can anyone help me?

Carrier
    CM9

Mac user here. Every time i try to update my bootloader, it says it updated successfully when i flash it but when i reboot my bootloader, It is still on version 4.13. so i am not able to restore a factory image. Is there anyone else that has had this issue? what am i missing? I would just restore an older factory image if possible but i am not able to find one that is compatible with the 4.13 bootloader.

edit: flashing an older factory image worked. weird. but i got where i wanted to go.

Hi there, I am in desperate help to restore my N7. My device is stuck on the coloured x screen, I have tried on multiple computers but they wont pick up my device... I have a mac I can use but i cant download wug onto the mac.

Can anyone help me, I would be so appreciative!

I got to the point of flashing the factory image but when I do, fastboot crashes and I get an error message. Can't seem to get fastboot to stay up during this step.

Hey there!
    I have the Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi and a big problem! After updating to KitKat, I got a bootloop. :-(
    I followed this guide to make a complete reset. Everything went good! I also used the brand new image from today (image-nakasi-krt16s). I did everything exactly like described here but still have the bootloop. After step 10 (fastboot reboot), it rebooted, showed the white Google, the 4 circles came, after a few seconds, the N7 rebooted again and is booting now for a long time. What else can I try?
    I hope, that someone can help me!

UPDATE: I made several more runs of this guide. Now it works again. What I did/changed: I used a different usb-cable and plugged it directly into my PC. Maybe that was the reason, but I'm not sure.

After my Google Nexus 7 has stayed stuck on the "X" screen I've been trying to use Google nexus 7 toolkit 5.0.0 to install the factory image. Haven't succeeded yet. There's a question and an issue that I haven't found answers to that may or may not be part of the problem.

1. I haven't been able to find information that tells me just what the hell factory image I should be installing. I see the list available on the toolkit. I've seen this list. Seems it should be one of these: 4.1.2 (JZO54K) 4.2.2 (JDQ39) 4.3 (JWR66Y) 4.4 (KRT16S)
    It's a refurbished wifi, on the box is what seems to be the model: TB-AS-NEXUS732S
    in the bootloader there's this info: product name: grouper, variant: grouper, hw version: ER3, bootloader version: 4.23
    I see warnings in various places that you can damage or brick your nexus if you install the wrong image, but no information on how to make sure this doesn't happen. If I'd have known a Nexus 7 could just spontaneously stop working, I would have made a note of the android build number before it happened, but I didn't.

2. I've gone to step 9 to flash the image about a dozen times, and EVERY time I get the message,

"checksum of the image you want to flash: [xxxxx...]
    checksum of the image should be: [xyxyx....]
    the checksum of the image does not match the checksum of the Toolkit database."
    Could the image have gotten corrupted every time? Also, I've done a search on the google images page and not a single time has the "should be" checksum matched ANY of the checksums listed for the factory images. That doesn't seem to make any sense.

Also, I've tried just using the fastboot recovery mode to wipe/restore, and I'm still stuck on "X".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I just unbricked my tablet after rooting it and updating it to 4.4 lol!