Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
07-17-2012 10:50 PM
431 replies
Like Tree143Likes
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718

Default Re: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

Quote Originally Posted by imtiaz vohra View Post
    Hi really useful instructions. I got as far as bootloader img stage on command prompt and it came up with an error FAILEd stuus read fialed too many links. I have attached a link
    Welcome any suggestionsAttachment 161056
    Try renaming the bootloader to something simple. Like bootloader. Also make sure its the only bootloader IMG in your folder. For ease of use I always rename the main folder to something like android 5.1 Hammerhead and rename all the other files in that something simple. This means you generally have to manually flash the files but since 4.4 googles flashing scripts have rendered me incapable of doing it their way, having to manually flash all partitions myself to avoid errors.

Hello Everybody, and sorry to hijack the thread
    i just tried this tutorial with no success ... let's just get back in time a little bit, everything began when i flashed a custom 5.1.1 ROM
    when i rebooted i got stuck on a bootloop so i hardreset the tablet to access the recovery and flash back my rom ...
    when the tablet restarted there was no recovery, can no more start the OS and when i reload bootloader it got stuck, when i hook it to PC it displays as APX mode, at first i thought i was hard bricked, but next i was able to enter Fastboot mode ! huray i said, but, when i try to get back to factory image (using NRT at first and fastboot adb commands next) i can send the stuff (bootloader, recovery ) but i always get a FAILED <Remote: <FileWriteFailed>> next, after several tries i gave up, and today i put it to charge to see what happen, and i got the battery refiling animations, that means the bootloader isn't broken if im correct, i tried next to send a bootloader.img it got sent OK but FAILED <Remote: <FileWriteFailed>> , and in the tablet screen i got a Signature Match message, any ideas ? aditional informations, last time my system was on EXT4 and the rest on F2FS, maybe that's the culprit, if i could format everything to EXT4? thanks in advance!

[GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore-sans-titres.png

Thank you so much for your tutorial. It save my Nexus 7. I am an avid rooter. I root everything I own....just because I can and I love to experiment with electronics. Once again thank you

Ronnie

I tried to follow this guide because my Nexus 7 was stuck on the google logo, and Nexus Toolkit wasn't working for me, but... I think I made the problem a teeny bit worse.

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot erase boot
    erasing 'boot'...
    OKAY [  0.016s]
    finished. total time: 0.016s

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot erase cache
    ******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
    erasing 'cache'...
    OKAY [  0.094s]
    finished. total time: 0.094s

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot erase recovery
    erasing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [  0.031s]
    finished. total time: 0.031s

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot erase system
    erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [  0.125s]
    finished. total time: 0.125s

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot erase userdata
    erasing 'userdata'...
    OKAY [  5.288s]
    finished. total time: 5.288s

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.23.img
    sending 'bootloader' (2100 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.281s]
    writing 'bootloader'...
    OKAY [  1.201s]
    finished. total time: 1.498s

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot reboot-bootloader
    rebooting into bootloader...
    OKAY [  0.016s]
    finished. total time: 0.016s

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jwr66v.zip
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    archive does not contain 'vendor.img'
    Creating filesystem with parameters:
        Size: 30080499712
        Block size: 4096
        Blocks per group: 32768
        Inodes per group: 8160
        Inode size: 256
        Journal blocks: 32768
        Label:
        Blocks: 7343872
        Block groups: 225
        Reserved block group size: 1024
    Created filesystem with 11/1836000 inodes and 159268/7343872 blocks
    Creating filesystem with parameters:
        Size: 464519168
        Block size: 4096
        Blocks per group: 32768
        Inodes per group: 7088
        Inode size: 256
        Journal blocks: 1772
        Label:
        Blocks: 113408
        Block groups: 4
        Reserved block group size: 31
    Created filesystem with 11/28352 inodes and 3654/113408 blocks
    --------------------------------------------
    Bootloader Version...: 4.23
    Baseband Version.....: N/A
    Serial Number........: 015d3b6618041806
    --------------------------------------------
    checking product...
    OKAY [  0.047s]
    checking version-bootloader...
    OKAY [  0.031s]
    sending 'boot' (4896 KB)...
    OKAY [  3.136s]
    writing 'boot'...
    OKAY [  0.203s]
    sending 'recovery' (5432 KB)...
    OKAY [  1.326s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [  0.218s]
    erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [  0.094s]
    sending 'system' (529061 KB)...
    FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
    finished. total time: 24.523s

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>fastboot reboot-bootloader
    rebooting into bootloader...
    FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
    finished. total time: 5.008s
    I'm not really sure what I did wrong, but now my tablet won't switch on at all. No lights, nothing. There's no response when I plug it into the wall charger, I can't access bootloader, I've tried holding all the buttons in various combinations for various amounts of time, but nothing is working. Checking the Device Manager, my tablet is listed as APX. I guess I'm the not-so-proud owner of a paperweight, now?

Dear team any one can fix up ME370T bricked... and its in apx mode

Great help.
    Actually this was my first time using ADB on this device.
    3 things:
    1) my physical connection was bad but in spite of it throwing some Errors relating to pipeline identification it still returned the device serial at the the beginning (./fastboot devices)
    I was able to get through most of the steps but it returned lots of errors along the way yet I persisted and it was stuck in the bootloader mode.
    I tested and retested the physical connection until it re-identified the device correctly, this time without any errors.

2) I actually had to ./fastboot oem unlock before it'd do anything but once I did, I just ran through the steps again and it worked perfectly.
    3) btw the second to last ./fastboot reboot was cut short as the system already booted to the main screen and I had to manually put it back into the bootloader menu

regardless of my hiccups, the info provided gave me the basic understanding to work through it.
    thanks,
    -e

The guide refers to 4 files:

bootloader-grouper-4.23.img
    flash-all.sh
    flash-base.sh
    flash-all.bat

in the image file. But when I download the factory image for 5.0.2 the file is nakasi-lrx22g-factory-30701477.tar and inside is just a single file nakasi-lrx22g-factory-30701477 (no file extension).

Can anyone please help?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718