Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 404
Like Tree141Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Evberything went smoothly, but when I flashed the stock image I did get this:

    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'

    The image did successfully install, but I'm wondering if the above messages mean anything I should be aware of?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by betaflash View Post
    Evberything went smoothly, but when I flashed the stock image I did get this:

    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'

    The image did successfully install, but I'm wondering if the above messages mean anything I should be aware of?
    Should not make a difference, everything work out regardless?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. #28  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Should not make a difference, everything work out regardless?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Those little warning things are standard fare. I've become well acquainted with them lol

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Guide updated.. Video walkthrough by SladeNoctis included! Thanks Slade!
    Thanked by:
    zero neck and dmmarck like this.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    I'm good until this...

    writing 'system'...
    FAILED (remote: (BadParameter))
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronco221 View Post
    I'm good until this...

    writing 'system'...
    FAILED (remote: (BadParameter))
    Hmm.. Try this. Unzip that update zip file so you have just the underlying files separated out (system.img, boot.img, etc). Move them into the main folder you are using. Make sure you followed step 6 to erase everything manually. Now flash each file separately as in:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    Enter
    fastboot flash system system.img
    Enter
    And so forth..

    See if it will let you proceed that way, let me know..

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:
  7. #32  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Back in business! Thanks
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronco221 View Post
    Back in business! Thanks
    No problem!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    In case anyone is doing this lately.... I am aware that we are now on 4.1.1 (JRO03D) so technically I ought to revise the first link in the instructions and the command parts to reflect the proper filename.... which I will do later, lol... just a bit busy now and I only just noticed it.. just wanted to point that out. Should be pretty self-explanatory tho
    zero neck likes this.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    does this actually lock the device (bootloader?)
    i have actually unlocked it using fastboot but because of the problem of implementing the program called clockwork.img.
    looking for any help.
  11. #36  
    zero neck's Avatar
    The Ever-Living

    Posts
    5,090 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by jpa11 View Post
    does this actually lock the device (bootloader?)
    i have actually unlocked it using fastboot but because of the problem of implementing the program called clockwork.img.
    looking for any help.
    are you trying to lock it back up?

    if so, these directions will put you back to stock ... starting with erasing what you have on there currenctly, putting the stock factory image on the device, and then finally the the command towards the end "fastboot oem lock" is the one that locks the bootloader again.


    * INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
  12. #37  

    Default

    Does this only give you the factory image and not re-lock your bootloader?? Pointless without re-locking bootloader right?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feelinfroggy23 View Post
    Does this only give you the factory image and not re-lock your bootloader?? Pointless without re-locking bootloader right?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    It restores you to factory condition, only step 9 relocks the bootloader - which is optional. Useful if you screw something up hacking/flashing/etc

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Updated direct link to the appropriate (4.1.1) factory image. Also gonna try to do some editing later.. Want to be less wordy and try and make this even easier to follow, lol... OCD is bugging out
    Thanked by 2:
  15. #40  

    Default

    What is this sdk stuff? I've never seen it before. Do i really need it? Your video confused the crap outta me but its not bad

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by feelinfroggy23 View Post
    What is this sdk stuff? I've never seen it before. Do i really need it? Your video confused the crap outta me but its not bad

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol... not my video, but I thought it was pretty easy to follow. The Android SDK is typically what you install and setup in order to get adb and fastboot commands working on your computer.. but its not crucial. The downloads available in the 2 unlocking threads we have ought to supply you with the adb and fastboot exe files which are all you really need to get through this..
  17. #42  
    F34R's Avatar
    F34RTEHDR01D

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    @OP,
    Thanks for the great thread, with links, and instructions, etc.
    Thanked by:
  18. #43  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Lordy, Lordy! Am I ever glad that I came across the exchange that hollip3020 had with 2defmouze that ended with hollip plugging his puppy into a USB port on the rump end of the PC. I did it under Ubuntu 12.04, and, just as happened to hollip3020, the process hung forever at the point of updating the image-nakasi-jro03d.zip file. A gentle swing with a five pound hand sledge to separate the Nexus 7 from the Asus EB-1501B, followed by switching to a hind side USB port allowed the un-bricking to proceed successfully.

    Thanks YoozGuyz
    Thanked by 2:
  19. #44  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    I've tried everything suggested but I still get a system write failed message

    C:\Nexus>fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jro03d.zip
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    --------------------------------------------
    Bootloader Version...: 3.34
    Baseband Version.....: N/A
    Serial Number........: 015d2bc2602c0c09
    --------------------------------------------
    checking product... OKAY
    checking version-bootloader... OKAY
    sending 'boot' (4890 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'boot'... OKAY
    sending 'recovery' (5234 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'recovery'... OKAY
    sending 'system' (438656 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'system'... FAILED (remote: (FileWriteFailed))
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khol91 View Post
    I've tried everything suggested but I still get a system write failed message

    C:\Nexus>fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jro03d.zip
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    --------------------------------------------
    Bootloader Version...: 3.34
    Baseband Version.....: N/A
    Serial Number........: 015d2bc2602c0c09
    --------------------------------------------
    checking product... OKAY
    checking version-bootloader... OKAY
    sending 'boot' (4890 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'boot'... OKAY
    sending 'recovery' (5234 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'recovery'... OKAY
    sending 'system' (438656 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'system'... FAILED (remote: (FileWriteFailed))
    See a few posts ago where I had someone unzip that main image file and do them all manually. Additionally if only the system part is failing then that's all you need to send (but you should do them all in the same session). Also check the md5 checksum for good measure to make sure you didn't get a bad download. The md5 is posted on the Google sight and you can find many small, free programs to check the md5 by doing a quick Google search.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  21. #46  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    I tried that and I checked the MD5 and I've tried two different PCs.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khol91 View Post
    I tried that and I checked the MD5 and I've tried two different PCs.
    Hey sorry I missed you responding and it got late here. Have you been able to get that last step working yet?

    If not you may also try Wugs toolkit, I believe it works with the N7 and can restore the factory images too: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  23. #48  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,407 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Thanks for the guide 2def. Gotta get my booty in gear to restore. But like I said earlier. Priorities. Ha ha.

    FissionMailed from Paranoid S3
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
    2defmouze likes this.
  24. #49  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    hi I am having a problem and I need to return to stock. when i try this guide i cannot erase cache or userdata. It doesnt give me an error but it just wont finish the process. I tried to use wugfreshs root toolkit to return back but this program also gets hung up when it attempt to erase userdata. I am absolutely stuck, I do not know what to do. If you have any guidance you can offer me please do.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by hituindadome View Post
    hi I am having a problem and I need to return to stock. when i try this guide i cannot erase cache or userdata. It doesnt give me an error but it just wont finish the process. I tried to use wugfreshs root toolkit to return back but this program also gets hung up when it attempt to erase userdata. I am absolutely stuck, I do not know what to do. If you have any guidance you can offer me please do.
    Read through the thread.. as similar problems have shown up that we were able to work around. And try again if its just erroring out, sometimes that will help.

    If you still can't get it done, try and be specific about exactly where you are in the process and the exact error message you are getting. Also include what OS you are on. I'll be around to help
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B