Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 406
Like Tree142Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
    Since I restored the Nexus7, it has been running superb. I wonder whether that has something to do with like 'flushing', or 'cleansing', recommend all new Nexus7 owner to go thru this process to optimize their nexus7 tablet. You know I am joking! I just cannot express to 2defmouze how desperate I was and how relax and happy I am. Got you a beer whenever you are in North Dakota, anytime, anyday! THANK YOU!

    bun
    Lol good to hear and thanks man!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. #77  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
    Since I restored the Nexus7, it has been running superb. I wonder whether that has something to do with like 'flushing', or 'cleansing', recommend all new Nexus7 owner to go thru this process to optimize their nexus7 tablet. You know I am joking! I just cannot express to 2defmouze how desperate I was and how relax and happy I am. Got you a beer whenever you are in North Dakota, anytime, anyday! THANK YOU!

    bun
    I suggest locking the bootloader/doing a full complete wipe every now and then because it eliminates any possible chance for remnant ghosts/demons/etc.
    2defmouze likes this.
  3. #78  
    bunanson's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I suggest locking the bootloader/doing a full complete wipe every now and then because it eliminates any possible chance for remnant ghosts/demons/etc.
    I do this on a regular basis with micro$oft windoz. I intentionally partition the windoz into a C:\ and D:\, keep OS in C:\ and keep all else in D:\. and every now and then, I would format C:\ and reinstall windoz. I have been doing this for years. I know the last windoz XP update was 118. I just did it 4 days ago. I guess same logic to the bootloader, uh?
    I just cannot stop praising 2defmouze for the restoration. I cant believe I broke a nexus7 in less than 60 min. My mom should be very proud of me :- o The other big booboo I made many years ago was "accidentally" formatted a HD full of stuff. See, if you dont pay attention, $hit happens. TIA,

    bun
    Thanked by:
  4. #79  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    This just saved my ***.Had to flash back to stock and lock the bootloader as I have to return the device due to the speakers crapping out.
    2defmouze likes this.
  5. #80  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Hi guys,
    trying to flash the factory image
    Code:
    c:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img
    sending 'bootloader' <2072KB> ...
    FAILED <comand write failed <Unknown error>>
    and started to have this message on tablet 'Neither USP nor CAC partitions found'

    please help
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by airb0rne View Post
    Hi guys,
    trying to flash the factory image
    Code:
    c:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img
    sending 'bootloader' <2072KB> ...
    FAILED <comand write failed <Unknown error>>
    and started to have this message on tablet 'Neither USP nor CAC partitions found'

    please help
    Try redownloading the images again, then starting the process from scratch, making sure to include the erase commands in Step 6 as well, considering the partitions error I'd say you want to make sure that gets done.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  7. #82  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Hi guys,
    trying to execute
    Code:
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img
    getting the next error
    Code:
    FAILED <remote:Bootloader is locked.>
    I have used
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    but have the next error
    Code:
    FAILED <remote:<Unknown error code >>
    Used Nexus Root Toolkit and Nexus 7 ToolKit but without success to unlock bootloader.

    I don't know if in Settings was USB Debuging set to ON

    please help
  8. #83  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,471 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by airb0rne View Post
    Hi guys,
    trying to execute
    Code:
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img
    getting the next error
    Code:
    FAILED <remote:Bootloader is locked.>
    I have used
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    but have the next error
    Code:
    FAILED <remote:<Unknown error code >>
    Used Nexus Root Toolkit and Nexus 7 ToolKit but without success to unlock bootloader.

    I don't know if in Settings was USB Debuging set to ON

    please help
    Do you have the correct drivers installed?

    S3N7 from... Fugggit about it!
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  9. #84  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by airb0rne View Post
    Hi guys,
    trying to execute
    Code:
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img
    getting the next error
    Code:
    FAILED <remote:Bootloader is locked.>
    I have used
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    but have the next error
    Code:
    FAILED <remote:<Unknown error code >>
    Used Nexus Root Toolkit and Nexus 7 ToolKit but without success to unlock bootloader.

    I don't know if in Settings was USB Debuging set to ON

    please help
    USB debugging doesn't matter for fastboot.

    Try using a sudo in front of it?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by airb0rne View Post
    Hi guys,
    trying to execute
    Code:
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img
    getting the next error
    Code:
    FAILED <remote:Bootloader is locked.>
    I have used
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    but have the next error
    Code:
    FAILED <remote:<Unknown error code >>
    Used Nexus Root Toolkit and Nexus 7 ToolKit but without success to unlock bootloader.

    I don't know if in Settings was USB Debuging set to ON

    please help
    When did the bootloader become locked? That was not the issue on your last attempt, right?

    Was is unlocked previously, and if so how did you unlock it.. Using the fastboot command or a toolkit?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  11. #86  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    I never unlock bootloader before, I used Nexus 7 just 1 day and tablet start freeze, I hold Power button. After that I see just Google Logo
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by airb0rne View Post
    I never unlock bootloader before, I used Nexus 7 just 1 day and tablet start freeze, I hold Power button. After that I see just Google Logo
    I see.. To be honest then, if you never unlocked or hacked it and you just had problems occur on their own, your first instinct should be to do a factory reset from the settings menu. If you can't boot up at all, and waited a good amount of time, I would try to exchange the tablet. More likely you have a hardware failure, and unlocking to try and flash these images won't help.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  13. #88  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by airb0rne View Post
    I never unlock bootloader before, I used Nexus 7 just 1 day and tablet start freeze, I hold Power button. After that I see just Google Logo
    Did you put it into the bootloader/fastboot mode first?
  14. #89  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Did you put it into the bootloader/fastboot mode first?
    what did you mean?
  15. #90  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by airb0rne View Post
    what did you mean?
    When you put those commands in, was your device at the bootloader or fastboot mode? If not, the commands won't work.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  16. #91  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    When you put those commands in, was your device at the bootloader or fastboot mode? If not, the commands won't work.
    Yes, the device was in the fastboot mode, the command like 'fastboot devices' and 'fastboot reboot-bootloader' it's work
  17. #92  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Hello everyone,

    I'm having some trouble with a bricked nexus 7. However I am able to access fastboot mode. If I turn on the device it stays at the google logo with options to start/restart bootloader/recovery mode/power off. Nothing happens if I press start. Recovery mode will not work and will show android with a red sign. I am however able to restart bootloader and turn off the device.

    I tried the tutorial and it failed at step 6. fastboot erase recovery. This text will show up on the N7 "Neither USP nor CAC partitions found"
    And I've also found out that my device is not recognized with command :adb devices ( no serial )

    Prior to this I rooted and unlocked with "nexus 7 toolkit" from: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V2.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH MORE - xda-developers.
    I also flashed custom rom: AOKP JB-build 2
    The problem started when I installed aTorrent app and wanted to download 2 files. The N7 froze during the download and I rebooted the device. After trying to use the app again and freezing the N7. It would be in a bootloop after rebooting

    Is there any hope for my N7??
  18. #93  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by simplyky View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I'm having some trouble with a bricked nexus 7. However I am able to access fastboot mode. If I turn on the device it stays at the google logo with options to start/restart bootloader/recovery mode/power off. Nothing happens if I press start. Recovery mode will not work and will show android with a red sign. I am however able to restart bootloader and turn off the device.

    I tried the tutorial and it failed at step 6. fastboot erase recovery. This text will show up on the N7 "Neither USP nor CAC partitions found"
    And I've also found out that my device is not recognized with command :adb devices ( no serial )

    Prior to this I rooted and unlocked with "nexus 7 toolkit" from: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V2.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH MORE - xda-developers.
    I also flashed custom rom: AOKP JB-build 2
    The problem started when I installed aTorrent app and wanted to download 2 files. The N7 froze during the download and I rebooted the device. After trying to use the app again and freezing the N7. It would be in a bootloop after rebooting

    Is there any hope for my N7??
    Sounds like you need to install the drivers.

    Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by simplyky View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I'm having some trouble with a bricked nexus 7. However I am able to access fastboot mode. If I turn on the device it stays at the google logo with options to start/restart bootloader/recovery mode/power off. Nothing happens if I press start. Recovery mode will not work and will show android with a red sign. I am however able to restart bootloader and turn off the device.

    I tried the tutorial and it failed at step 6. fastboot erase recovery. This text will show up on the N7 "Neither USP nor CAC partitions found"
    And I've also found out that my device is not recognized with command :adb devices ( no serial )

    Prior to this I rooted and unlocked with "nexus 7 toolkit" from: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V2.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH MORE - xda-developers.
    I also flashed custom rom: AOKP JB-build 2
    The problem started when I installed aTorrent app and wanted to download 2 files. The N7 froze during the download and I rebooted the device. After trying to use the app again and freezing the N7. It would be in a bootloop after rebooting

    Is there any hope for my N7??
    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Sounds like you need to install the drivers.

    Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper
    Did you receive a response with Step 5 (fastboot devices)? That would confirm if the drivers are correctly installed and everything is configured. As you were able to use the toolkit you mentioned to unlock and root, did you try just using it to restore the factory images? I know Wug's has the option, could be worth a shot if fastboot commands are giving you trouble: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...8-18-12-a.html
  20. #95  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Thanks for the reply guys. I tried step 5 and it showed a serial somehow. This time it failed at step 7 writing bootloader (bad parameter)
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #96  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by simplyky View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys. I tried step 5 and it showed a serial somehow. This time it failed at step 7 writing bootloader (bad parameter)
    I would try it a few times. If it keeps failing try to include a screenshot so I can see exactly what's happening.
  22. #97  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    I would try it a few times. If it keeps failing try to include a screenshot so I can see exactly what's happening.
    I tried a couple of times and it ends up with[GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore-1.jpg

    I've also tried wugs toolkit [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore-2.jpg
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by simplyky View Post
    I tried a couple of times and it ends up withClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	38532

    I've also tried wugs toolkit Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	38534
    Looks like you're making progress... Try unzipping the main image file, and taking the parts which aren't flashing (boot and recovery are going in your second screenshot, but system and whatever comes after are not) and doing them manually, using:
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    etc...

    Sometimes just doing them one by one will get it going.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    My Nexus freezing also after installing Torrent Beta and downloading a PDF file, but I can't Unlock Bootloader
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by airb0rne View Post
    My Nexus freezing also after installing Torrent Beta and downloading a PDF file, but I can't Unlock Bootloader
    As I noted earlier, your case unfortunately seems much more like a hardware failure, not to do with the system itself. Since it is locked and you cannot get it to boot or perform a factory reset, I would just try to exchange it for a new device, as the hackery we can fix with a factory image restore just doesn't seem to apply to your issue.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions