Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

Thanks a lot, was afraid my nexus 7 was beyond repair. This tutorial is absolutely fantastic!
    Thanked by:

2def, you're the man. :thumbup:

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Thanked by:

Thanks for this. Restored back to 4.1.2 until Goole pulls it's finger out and sorts the wifi-issues in 4.2 that made my Nexus 7 unusable.

Thanks for this - the only method that worked to unbrick my device

Default Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

thanks for this tutorial,
    but.. i have question for the step "active usb debugging" .. in my nexus 7 is bootloop never gone to android just can be access fastboot mode...i tried many tutorial for to get factory default but always be failed... maybe, is cause not active usb debugging...

How to active usb debugging in Fastboot mode?? <---- if i can active usb debg. i also can unlock bootloader and can to format and flash data to my nexus 7..
    thank you for attention.. thank you

I don't think words can even describe how thankful I am for this post, I actually thought I had well and truely bricked my Tablet.

After A LOT of messing around and going through this step by step tutorial I finally got it to work, My Nexus7 (which is less than a fortnight old) is now unrooted & locked never to be messed with again, if it ain't broke I ain't going to try to be clever!

Thanks again!
    2defmouze likes this.

Every time I try to download the link it is saving the file as a .tar not a .tgz. So all I end up with is a file that window doesn't even know what to open with.

Can anyone help me?!?!

I want to reset my rooted nexus 7 to factory image. Right now I am trying to set up adb and fast boot but I cannot check if it is working ( I used this guide: ). My issue is that I cannot enable usb debugging, I am running 4.2.1 and i tapped the build number 7 times to display developer options, but when i go to click in developer options it crashes with the notification "settings has stopped working", this also happens when I click on back-up and restore. After having set up adb and fast boot I opened the command prompt window to see if my computer could see my nexus 7 and it cannot - so I am going to go ahead and assume usb debugging is not enabled...is there any work around for this, I am completely stuck!

UPDATE: all good, watched the video tutorial and restored it, all is ok. I I had read the whole thread I would have realised you do not need usb debugging
    Last edited by birchii; 02-11-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    2defmouze likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #209  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by birchii View Post
    UPDATE: all good, watched the video tutorial and restored it, all is ok. I I had read the whole thread I would have realised you do not need usb debugging
    Yep.. Glad you figured it out

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Help! For some reason I can't get past step 8! Also it's very laggy and when I tried it the first three times on step 8 it said ERROR:Out of memory. Then the one time it did work it said something about failed. Here's the log for it.

C:\android-adb>fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jop40d.zip
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    --------------------------------------------
    getvar:version-bootloader FAILED (command write failed (No such device or addres
    s))
    finished. total time: 0.078s

this happend the one time it did get past the archive does not contain system without saying ERROR: out of memory.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #211  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Chem View Post
    Help! For some reason I can't get past step 8! Also it's very laggy and when I tried it the first three times on step 8 it said ERROR:Out of memory. Then the one time it did work it said something about failed. Here's the log for it.

C:\android-adb>fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jop40d.zip
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    --------------------------------------------
    getvar:version-bootloader FAILED (command write failed (No such device or addres
    s))
    finished. total time: 0.078s

this happend the one time it did get past the archive does not contain system without saying ERROR: out of memory.
    Are you trying to flash the correct version, you don't have the 3g Nexus 7 and are trying to flash the wifi only factory image?

If that's not the case.. Try reinstalling the drivers and switching usb ports, try to use a rear one. What system are you using?

Thanked by:

EDIT2:Wow. I just kept doing the fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jop40d.zip step life 6 times after following wug toolbox iinstructions. and it worked! Horray! Thank you so much! And now I actually know what a ADB and FASTBOOT are. :P
    Last edited by Viking Chem; 02-12-2013 at 04:48 PM.

I dont know what is going on. I was using the Nexus7 Toolkit to try to flash back to stock Google Image (4.2.1) and that is when it all went wrong. Flashing from the toolkit failed, and now the device will not boot at all. I get the START button and says boot failed. So I tried to follow the steps here manually and I get the image below.

I can get to fastboot, I am in the bootloader screen on the device, I can not get to Recovery Mode though. I tried different USB cables, flashing files individually, flashing per the guide in this thread and nothing.

My device is completly non-functional right now.

Please help!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore-cmd1.jpg  
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #214  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by n99hockey View Post
    I dont know what is going on. I was using the Nexus7 Toolkit to try to flash back to stock Google Image (4.2.1) and that is when it all went wrong. Flashing from the toolkit failed, and now the device will not boot at all. I get the START button and says boot failed. So I tried to follow the steps here manually and I get the image below.

I can get to fastboot, I am in the bootloader screen on the device, I can not get to Recovery Mode though. I tried different USB cables, flashing files individually, flashing per the guide in this thread and nothing.

My device is completly non-functional right now.

Please help!!!
    Reinstall drivers, use a different usb port, switch cables, etc.

Also for what reason did you need to do the restore?

Is it normal that it's sending 'system' <477136 Kb>.... for more than half an hour?
    Until now everything was smooth and easy, but somehow it stucked on this.

Doing it on -> Macbook Pro -> Mac OsX 10.8 -> Parallels Desktop 7 -> Windows 7 Ultimate

Thank You in advance. Good and kind people always appreciated.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #216  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kruczek View Post
    Is it normal that it's sending 'system' <477136 Kb>.... for more than half an hour?
    Until now everything was smooth and easy, but somehow it stucked on this.

Doing it on -> Macbook Pro -> Mac OsX 10.8 -> Parallels Desktop 7 -> Windows 7 Ultimate

Thank You in advance. Good and kind people always appreciated.
    No it should only take maybe a few minutes at most... How'd that work out?

i'm stuck in that part too for like an hour

EDIT (FIXED!): After hours and hours, sweat and cursing and looking all over the internet and downloading 87 different toolkits (lol), i've found the solution. I just followed this guide wich basically has the same steps but updated to the latest firmware (the files names in your guide are outdated for the 4.2.2 version). And is easier to follow.
    I hope you don't mind if i post the link. It could help other users with the same problem

Greetings from Argentina
    Last edited by fede01_8; 02-16-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Hi. I followed the guide ok and everything seemed to go smoothly but then it reboots and get stuck on "Select W--Fi" and with no way of getting past here. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

Sorted now
    Last edited by bjkempston; 02-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.

ROM
    GB 2.3.6

This was an awesome tutorial - worked like a charm. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Windows 7 to see the Nexus in boot loader mode. I had to do this on my Mac and it worked perfectly. Thank you!
    2defmouze likes this.

Thank You! Perfect tutorial. Allowed me to perform a full recovery after a failed 4.2.2 OTA update which hosed up my system.
    2defmouze and mervin661 like this.

you saved me lot;s of money. my nexus 7 went out for a week and i followed these steps from 5am till noon and finally at noon it worked thanks to you.
    2defmouze likes this.

I got how to do it but I could not open or uncompress the file once downloaded, I have 7 zip but didn't really know what to do. My nexus 7 doesn't even go into bootloader any more it goes to the android with a red triangle on it, I hard reset no help. I have had my nexus 7 for maybe 3 months, I have rooted it and unlocked, used it as rom game emulator, but when I tried to change the system font with a google app it went into bootloader and never booted past google logo (X) screen, so I erased everything to factory reset and I think I unrooted it, but its unlocked and now when I go into bootloader it show the android on its back with a red triangle on it. It will now not boot past google screen. I tried to download factory image and everything but my nexus is stuck on waiting for device with toolkits. Please help im lost.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #223  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by carmelo199 View Post
    I got how to do it but I could not open or uncompress the file once downloaded, I have 7 zip but didn't really know what to do. My nexus 7 doesn't even go into bootloader any more it goes to the android with a red triangle on it, I hard reset no help. I have had my nexus 7 for maybe 3 months, I have rooted it and unlocked, used it as rom game emulator, but when I tried to change the system font with a google app it went into bootloader and never booted past google logo (X) screen, so I erased everything to factory reset and I think I unrooted it, but its unlocked and now when I go into bootloader it show the android on its back with a red triangle on it. It will now not boot past google screen. I tried to download factory image and everything but my nexus is stuck on waiting for device with toolkits. Please help im lost.
    You're accessing bootloader wrong.. I forget if you need to hold volume down and power or both volumes and power, been a while since I've toyed with it, but whichever you are doing try the other combination.

Hi everyone I need a help!

I originally tried to update my Nexus7 3G(unlocked) from 4.2.1-to 4.2.2 through nexus 7Toolkit but it's failed now I'm stuck in fastboot mode and doesn't boot. so I tried this method to recover I followed instruction but at radio-tilapia-1231_0.17.0_1025.img got error it doesn't flash in command prompt that I'm stuck there. anybody help me out ? Please!!!

cC:\android-sdk>cd platform-tools

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot erase boot
    erasing 'boot'...
    OKAY [ 0.017s]
    finished. total time: 0.019s

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot erase cache
    ******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
    erasing 'cache'...
    OKAY [ 0.083s]
    finished. total time: 0.085s

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot erase recovery
    erasing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [ 0.018s]
    finished. total time: 0.020s

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot erase system
    erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [ 0.108s]
    finished. total time: 0.111s

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools> fastboot erase userdata
    erasing 'userdata'...
    OKAY [ 4.885s]
    finished. total time: 4.888s

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-tilapia-4.18.
    img
    sending 'bootloader' (2096 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.275s]
    writing 'bootloader'...
    OKAY [ 1.212s]
    finished. total time: 1.491s

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot reboot-bootloader
    rebooting into bootloader...
    OKAY [ 0.020s]
    finished. total time: 0.022s

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash radio radio-tilapia-1231_0.17.0_102
    5.img
    error: cannot load 'radio-tilapia-1231_0.17.0_1025.img': No error

C:\android-sdk\platform-tools>
    Last edited by Sammyexperia; 02-18-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Hi

i am new to android...i bought google nexus last night from a friend...everything was working fine...then i did factory reset to wipe down all the data and settings....
    after when it reboots it comes to google screen and after selecting country stuck at SEARCHING WIFI...here i can see the wifi icon is disable...
    i was looking for the solution and spent most of the night but could not find any....i can not turn the usb debuggin mode on as it can not complete the setup....i tried bootloader recovery thing...but the screen displays following information

Fastboot mode
    product name grouper
    bootloader version 3.34
    baseband version n/a
    signing not define yet
    hw version er 3
    locked state locked

volume key does not do anything nor the power button..it just stuck....ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME TO SORT THIS OUT...MUCH APPRICIATED
    REGARDS
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast