[GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Factory Image Restore for your Nexus 7

Hi guys,
trying to flash the factory image
Code:
c:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img
sending 'bootloader' <2072KB> ...
FAILED <comand write failed <Unknown error>>
and started to have this message on tablet 'Neither USP nor CAC partitions found'

please help

Try redownloading the images again, then starting the process from scratch, making sure to include the erase commands in Step 6 as well, considering the partitions error I'd say you want to make sure that gets done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

airb0rne

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys,
trying to execute
Code:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img
getting the next error
Code:
FAILED <remote:Bootloader is locked.>

I have used
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
but have the next error
Code:
FAILED <remote:<Unknown error code >>

Used Nexus Root Toolkit and Nexus 7 ToolKit but without success to unlock bootloader.

I don't know if in Settings was USB Debuging set to ON

please help

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Hi guys,
trying to execute
Code:
getting the next error
Code:

I have used
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
but have the next error
Code:

Used Nexus Root Toolkit and Nexus 7 ToolKit but without success to unlock bootloader.

please help

Do you have the correct drivers installed?

S3N7 from... Fugggit about it!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Hi guys,
trying to execute
Code:
getting the next error
Code:

I have used
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
but have the next error
Code:

please help

USB debugging doesn't matter for fastboot.

Try using a sudo in front of it?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Hi guys,
trying to execute
Code:
getting the next error
Code:

I have used
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
but have the next error
Code:

please help

When did the bootloader become locked? That was not the issue on your last attempt, right?

Was is unlocked previously, and if so how did you unlock it.. Using the fastboot command or a toolkit?

airb0rne

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

I never unlock bootloader before, I used Nexus 7 just 1 day and tablet start freeze, I hold Power button. After that I see just Google Logo

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I never unlock bootloader before, I used Nexus 7 just 1 day and tablet start freeze, I hold Power button. After that I see just Google Logo

I see.. To be honest then, if you never unlocked or hacked it and you just had problems occur on their own, your first instinct should be to do a factory reset from the settings menu. If you can't boot up at all, and waited a good amount of time, I would try to exchange the tablet. More likely you have a hardware failure, and unlocking to try and flash these images won't help.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Did you put it into the bootloader/fastboot mode first?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

what did you mean?

When you put those commands in, was your device at the bootloader or fastboot mode? If not, the commands won't work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

airb0rne

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

When you put those commands in, was your device at the bootloader or fastboot mode? If not, the commands won't work.

Yes, the device was in the fastboot mode, the command like 'fastboot devices' and 'fastboot reboot-bootloader' it's work

simplyky

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Hello everyone,

I'm having some trouble with a bricked nexus 7. However I am able to access fastboot mode. If I turn on the device it stays at the google logo with options to start/restart bootloader/recovery mode/power off. Nothing happens if I press start. Recovery mode will not work and will show android with a red sign. I am however able to restart bootloader and turn off the device.

I tried the tutorial and it failed at step 6. fastboot erase recovery. This text will show up on the N7 "Neither USP nor CAC partitions found"
And I've also found out that my device is not recognized with command :adb devices ( no serial )

Prior to this I rooted and unlocked with "nexus 7 toolkit" from: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V2.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH MORE - xda-developers.
I also flashed custom rom: AOKP JB-build 2
The problem started when I installed aTorrent app and wanted to download 2 files. The N7 froze during the download and I rebooted the device. After trying to use the app again and freezing the N7. It would be in a bootloop after rebooting

Is there any hope for my N7??

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Hello everyone,

I'm having some trouble with a bricked nexus 7. However I am able to access fastboot mode. If I turn on the device it stays at the google logo with options to start/restart bootloader/recovery mode/power off. Nothing happens if I press start. Recovery mode will not work and will show android with a red sign. I am however able to restart bootloader and turn off the device.

I tried the tutorial and it failed at step 6. fastboot erase recovery. This text will show up on the N7 "Neither USP nor CAC partitions found"
And I've also found out that my device is not recognized with command :adb devices ( no serial )

Prior to this I rooted and unlocked with "nexus 7 toolkit" from: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V2.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH MORE - xda-developers.
The problem started when I installed aTorrent app and wanted to download 2 files. The N7 froze during the download and I rebooted the device. After trying to use the app again and freezing the N7. It would be in a bootloop after rebooting

Sounds like you need to install the drivers.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Hello everyone,

Sounds like you need to install the drivers.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

Did you receive a response with Step 5 (fastboot devices)? That would confirm if the drivers are correctly installed and everything is configured. As you were able to use the toolkit you mentioned to unlock and root, did you try just using it to restore the factory images? I know Wug's has the option, could be worth a shot if fastboot commands are giving you trouble: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s-root-toolkit-v1-5-3-updated-08-18-12-a.html

simplyky

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the reply guys. I tried step 5 and it showed a serial somehow. This time it failed at step 7 writing bootloader (bad parameter)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the reply guys. I tried step 5 and it showed a serial somehow. This time it failed at step 7 writing bootloader (bad parameter)

I would try it a few times. If it keeps failing try to include a screenshot so I can see exactly what's happening.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I tried a couple of times and it ends up withView attachment 38532

I've also tried wugs toolkit View attachment 38534

Looks like you're making progress... Try unzipping the main image file, and taking the parts which aren't flashing (boot and recovery are going in your second screenshot, but system and whatever comes after are not) and doing them manually, using:
Code:
fastboot flash system system.img
etc...

Sometimes just doing them one by one will get it going.

airb0rne

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

My Nexus freezing also after installing ?Torrent Beta and downloading a PDF file, but I can't Unlock Bootloader

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

My Nexus freezing also after installing ?Torrent Beta and downloading a PDF file, but I can't Unlock Bootloader

As I noted earlier, your case unfortunately seems much more like a hardware failure, not to do with the system itself. Since it is locked and you cannot get it to boot or perform a factory reset, I would just try to exchange it for a new device, as the hackery we can fix with a factory image restore just doesn't seem to apply to your issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance