Nexus 7 frozen at Google screen

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Did the same thing, but power button did nothing, nor did the volume +- buttons. About an hour later though it just rebooted all on its own and came up just fine. For now I'm just avoiding using the "power on while holding down both volume buttons" stuff.

anon(186320)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Did the same thing, but power button did nothing, nor did the volume +- buttons. About an hour later though it just rebooted all on its own and came up just fine. For now I'm just avoiding using the "power on while holding down both volume buttons" stuff.

Recovery is power and vol down. But make sure you're connected to your computer. Plenty of people have reported that's the only way they can boot into recovery from powered off.

Lucas Guimaraes

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi my Nexus 7 is with the Google screen frozen.

I tried to reboot, but there is not options to do that. I took out the battery and put it back and nothing. still with the Google screen when it turns on.
I really don't know that to do! :(

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi my Nexus 7 is with the Google screen frozen.

I tried to reboot, but there is not options to do that. I took out the battery and put it back and nothing. still with the Google screen when it turns on.
I really don't know that to do! :(

What happened? Were you tweaking something? Was it unlocked / rooted?

I'd try booting to recovery and wiping the caches and rebooting. If no good do a factory image restore. Although if this wasn't a result of hacking stuff you might just have a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

prairieboy69

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I went to use my tablet and the wifi had been shut off. I can not get it to turn on. I tried turning and off and on, nothing. I tried the power button and lower volume button, nothing.

craigayl

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 return

I received an Android 5.0 update on my Nexus 7 2012. I loaded it and it froze on the reboot. I scoured all the Android sites for a fix, but no luck. If you do not have USB Debugging turned on, you cannot get into the device. At least I could not find a way.

Good news! I went to the Google Nexus Help Center. After some back and fourth texting and testing, I was told that they would replace my device free of charge! Yes, it was a pain, but this tablet is 3 years old! I thought for sure, I'd have to buy new.

Lessons learned? Never do an upgrade without USB debugging turned on. Don't try Android 5.0 on your Nexus 7 2012 and Google is a class act to replace a 3 year old tablet t no cost.

Craig