Home Screen Rotation Fix root-required

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Back up before editing your build.prop!

Edit you build.prop file and add this line to the bottom:

launcher.force_enable_rotation=true

Almost any file manager/explorer will work as long as they can use root access. A reboot is required to put into effect.

Do not attempted unless you FULLY understand your build.prop file. You can make your Nexus 7 unable to boot if you do not.

Last edited:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe to give someone a choice???? I certainly didn't criticize your suggestion.

Mine was a solution not a suggestion just to be clear. If you had not noticed this is the rooted section and most people that root dislike bloatware and that app is basically bloatware when you know how to fix the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Cool tip, thx. All (or most) 3rd party launchers such as Apex or Nova allow for homescreen rotation as well, just for another option :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Cool tip, thx. All (or most) 3rd party launchers such as Apex or Nova allow for homescreen rotation as well, just for another option :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last time I tried those launchers they still lacked JB features, like fling off screen to delete or widgets/icons that auto-move to accommodate new items. When they get update I'll probably check them out again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,
Do I need to download some app (what app is the best??) to edit this file or can I just find it root explorer. I did a search and couldn't find it.
Please advice
Thanks

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
For those who were waiting.. Just got notified of an Apex update (beta 1.3..Fwiw their betas shouldn't scare you they have been plenty solid from my experience) containing many of the JB improvements/features some were saying they wanted:
a6f809d3-d429-9c25.jpg

To get.. Download Apex Launcher from the Play Store, in settings there's an option to be notified of updates and you can select to include betas as well. Enjoy :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

myl0tt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Worked a treat nice one wonder if some one just forgot to add the line of code

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So tried just editing build.prop file and I kept getting error when I tried to save changes. Then copied build.prop file to new folder, made changes and saved it as qbuild.prop. Moved that file into same folder as build.prop file which I renamed xbuild.prop. Then renamed qbuild.prop to build.prop and saved it. All looked good so I powered down Nexus 7 but now I can't get it to start. Get screen with Google and lock on bottom and then nothing. Have I hosed my Nexus 7 and will now have to flash back to stock? Not sure I can even do that as I can't get into download mode. Ugh.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

TH

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37