Rooted. Mounted and Invisible

Labarum

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the Tablet format and to Android.

I have my Nexus rooted and have successfully mounted a USB Drive and a small hard drive, but I cannot reliable see the directories of those drives in a file manager. I have tried File Manager HD and File Expert.

On the Hard Drive I have music in both MP3 and FLAC formats, but if I load the default Nexus Music Player or if I run Songbird I cannot see a music library, nor can I see in either player any way to set the correct path to the external drive.

Before rooting the Nexus I did play both FLAC and MP3s by copying them to the music folder oy the internal storage.

Advice would be appreciated.

Labarum

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks anyway Got mine off Amazon in a couple of days.

Computer and AV cables are amazingly cheap if you hunt around Amazon and eBay.

I will be annoyed if these Android media players will only read data from a default directory. I tried to install VLC, but it's a Beta and wouldn't work.

JayJ-1974

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have rooted my N7 and use stick mount, no problems here browsing the USB drive with Solid Explorer Beta.

bc1cde81-34c3-f564.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Labarum

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I have it now. There is a folder in local storage for "USB Storage", it's not listed as external, which it is!

I can play media files my clicking on then and choosing the application to run them, but I cannot see a library in any media player.

As I said, no way to set the path to the media directories - the applications only seem to look in their default locations.

Is there a way forward?

---

Thanks for drawing my attention to the Solid Explorer - that looks really good.

JayJ-1974

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Your welcome!

Solid Explorer is IMO the best file manager on Android, I stopped using Astro for and have no regrets. The ability to manage my cloud storage make this file manager even better and apart from the automatic photo uploaded if Dropbox it out performs all cloud storage apps that I use (Gdrive, Dropbox, Box & Skydrive).
I have it on my Galaxy S2 also which you can set the two panels to internal and external storage on but the dev is working on the possibility of having a cloud storage as one of the panels so will make it even more of a must have app for it N7's.

Swyped from my AOKP ICS powered GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2?

Labarum

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I see VLC Player allows setting the folders to be searched for media; unfortunately if you mount an external drive VLC just crashes - it's a Beta.