Over clocked N7

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Let me add [KERNEL][GPL][Linaro][OC 1.624GHz][UV][GPU+][ZRAM][SIO+V(R)] 2012-08-03 motley 1.0.12 - xda-developers

I like Motley's builds because he finds the balance between power and heat. Reducing heat usually means increasing battery also since work = heat and work = battery usage. Morfic with his "trinity" kernel is good as well but my Nexus runs a bit warm on it. I'm told that Faux's kernel is good also but so far Motley is the one I'm using.

Overclocking is a bit new on the Nexus as we just got it but sticking with one of the three above should be safe. It seems to be stable at strangely high clock speeds. Someone went over 2000 (stock is 1300 by the way). I've seen it said that Asus under-clocked the chips with a few different theories as to why. It seems to be true.

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Even at the stock 1300 this thing flies. I guess I will wait until it seems like the n7 is lagging behind or unable to run certain apps before I over clock it. It is tempting though.. :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cusinndzl

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have my Nexus 7 overclocked to 1.6GHz with the Trinity kernel. Honestly battery life and performance are great either way.