Which do you prefer.. Tablet UI or Phablet/Phone UI

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I like the Hybrid UI because the phone version of YouTube is so much better looking (hate that video carousel in the tablet version). And I watch YouTube a lot, so this is a big draw for the hybrid UI. Think Google+ might have looked better too. Also the UI is larger and easier to use.

I like the tablet UI because the UI is much smaller, the buttons off to the side and the menu bar and notifications combined with the button bar. So I have more space on screen for apps.

I honestly can't decide either, I've spent days with both and gone back and forth a few times. Currently using the hybrid UI.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For this size display, I vote for the hybrid UI. I may feel differently about a 10 inch display. And while I've adjusted and don't use it that often, I do wish landscape mode was enabled out of the box.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I like phablet.. Mostly just hate the bottom notification bar in tablet UI.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I flip flop back and forth (two copies of build.prop). Currently running Paranoid Android... but tablet mode on there isn't "true" tablet mode. It's alright I suppose, but I'm going back to CM10 and just swapping build.props and rebooting when I want to change modes.

There are things I like about the normal UI, and things I like about the tablet UI... and there are also things I dislike about the normal UI, and things I dislike about the tablet UI.

...which is why I keep switching.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I flip flop back and forth (two copies of build.prop). Currently running Paranoid Android... but tablet mode on there isn't "true" tablet mode. It's alright I suppose, but I'm going back to CM10 and just swapping build.props and rebooting when I want to change modes.

There are things I like about the normal UI, and things I like about the tablet UI... and there are also things I dislike about the normal UI, and things I dislike about the tablet UI.

You're right that Paranoid Android isn't traditional tablet mode - that would be much too restrictive. Being able to change an app's mode independently of its DPI is what makes this ROM great. I have Apex launcher in tablet mode with a smaller DPI, the play store is in tablet mode with stock DPI, and Google Talk is in phone mode with stock DPI - for example.

Sent from my Nexus 7

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, done that too. It's a good ROM. But, it's more "work" to setup each app. Very cool option. Devs have done a great job with this, definitely one of a kind.

However, I'm too lazy.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the tablet UI since the buttons are smaller, off to the side and it also shows the time and battery indicator on the same bar, which means less wasted space, and also some apps (mostly games, but not exclusively) hide the top notification bar which means I have to go back to the home screen to access it.. On the other hand I prefer the phone-style home screen and with the DPI mod to get the tablet UI the fonts in some apps are too small.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

You put the crack in crackflasher :)