unable to create loop device

jacob833

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
On my nexus 7 ive rooted it and installed debian onto the sdcard as a .img file. When i try to run debian through the app terminal emulator it gives me this.

checking loop device ... MISSING
checking loop device ... /data/datacom.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh[99]: /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox: can't execute: permission denied
FAILED
error unable to create loop device

I'm completely confused. I havent found any videos or posts of running linux on a nexus 7 yet so any help would be greatly appreciated.

angst

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Check if you're rooted rom supports loop device !!! not all roms do. Also look at installing another kernel with loop device support.

I thing this is where you're problems are.

RED OR BLUE YOU CHOOSE !!!

Reactions: 2defmouze

jacob833

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I got it working I had some bad files. But honestly anyone who is trying to run Linux on a nexus 7 it is not worth the time or effort. Its not really helpful or cool. You can't play java based games unless you install the newest versions of java via the command prompt which is a hassle through the nexus 7 and the clicking is definitely not suited for a touch screen. You can play flash games but honestly I doubt its worth the effort just to play a flash game that most app games are the equivalent to.
PS setting nexus 7 back to factory condition