Help me make the decision, Please?!?!

dpwaters72

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I've rooted in the past and loaded custom ROMs (mainly on my previous Xoom) so I understand the process involved. But I am having a hard time making the decision to do it to my Nexus 7. I hate the fact that I did not do it from the beginning now that I have the N7 setup the way I like it with my apps and widget layouts. I want to root so bad but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger mainly due to limited time...........okay, that's really not an excuse but I had to come up with something to blame on my indecisiveness.......LOL! HELP!

As crazy as this sound, I just need a simple 'root' or 'not root' reply from my Android family. Trusting in you guys and gals........

cusinndzl

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same situation about a week after I received and setup my Nexus 7. I thought about it for a few days and then I decided to root my Nexus 7, and I suggest you do the same.

If you want to speed the process of installing apps up go to the Play Store's website and then click on My Android Apps. You'll see Other Apps In My Library, click install on all the apps you want installed on your Nexus 7.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Root and be done with it. You can set things back up later. You could probably back up your data, unlock the boot loader, restore your data, and then root it if you want to but it'd probably be just as easy to start over.