Upgrading Nexus7 from "4.0" Jellybean" to 4.1?

elmo

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I got a Nexus7 as a gift the other day from someone who works at Google. I wonder are these the same ones they hand out as gifts at the shows?
When tapping on Settings>About Tablet> Android version>JellyBean, the next sceen shows the ICS icon with "Android 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich" underneath.

I was using youtube app, and most of the videos won't load or play. A couple other people I know who got the same tablets say their youtube app doesn't work either. Youtube videos won't play in browsers either.

Unlocked and rooted the tablet.

I tried updating, deleting, and reinstalling older youtube versions. Nothing works or is able to install.

So I tried to see if I could upgrade to 4.1 from the various procedures described on XDA as well as here.

When I'm in command and type "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img" I get the error "signature mismatch could not flash bootloader"

When I type in "fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jro03d.zip" it tells me I need 3.34 bootloader. The version on the tablet is 3.24.

So I guess I need to figure out how to flash to the newer bootloader first.

Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

cmd.jpg

elmo

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Got this to work. Within the image folder zip, open "android-info.txt", change bootloader version to the one loaded on the Nexus, and save.

Last edited:

winthorpe

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
First of all, thanks a lot for posting the solution, I had the same issue and this worked for flashing the stock 4.1. Was stuck on this for a few weeks and just noticed your post.

I see my device's bootloader is still at 3.24, I wonder if this won't cause a problem for future firmware updates and OTAs. Did you ever manage to solve the signature mismatch issue and update to 3.34?

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12