TWRP Flashed 4.1.2 Lost Root

lincmii

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I flashed the 4.1.2 update using TWRP and I lost root, and now I'm looking for a quick method of getting it back WITHOUT having to wipe my system. Can anyone help me out? It looks like my bootloader is still unlocked so I thought I could easily just reflash to root but unfortunately fastboot commands aren't being recognized. I rooted using the superboot method. Hopefully someone has a method, in the meantime I'm going to keep looking and I'll post here if I find anything.

Thanks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Fast boot commands should work as they always have.
And simply flashing SU.zip should work too.

What I did was installed the Google Nexus 7 toolkit and rerooted there.

[Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V2.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH MORE - xda-developers

Tool seems to save time! :)

Exactly as they said.. Rooting again is as simple as flashing the SU.zip (found in the unlocking/rooting stickies) or using the toolkit. You won't have to wipe anything since your bootloader is still unlocked :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ilhe1s

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me cause I was in a hurry. After flashing the ZIP I went to reboot and forgot to say yes to remove recovery backup. Thank God I had backed up my SU with VooDoo OTA Root Keeper. :cool:

bobcat56458

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
lincmii I to have lost root with the ota update. First off, did you use version 3.2.0 of the Google Nexus 7 toolkit, or version 3.4.0 (which is yet not available for free download)? Second question, did you have to re-install all your app's & mp3/video files after you re-rooted? Could you explain in some detail how you went about this, I'm sure others are also interested in this.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
lincmii I to have lost root with the ota update. First off, did you use version 3.2.0 of the Google Nexus 7 toolkit, or version 3.4.0 (which is yet not available for free download)? Second question, did you have to re-install all your app's & mp3/video files after you re-rooted? Could you explain in some detail how you went about this, I'm sure others are also interested in this.

Rooting is simply flashing a zip that contains an application and a binary. It shouldn't wipe anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781