lost root after 4.1.2 update

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife must have said ok to the ota, cause now her N7 no longer has root (still unlocked). Is there a simple way to get root back without having to wipe?

thx!

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
You said its still unlocked?? Try downloading root checker off the play store you mite just be rooted still if not I'm not sure if there is a way

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm certain root is lost, all the root apps are failing..

I'm assuming she didn't hit the "yes" when cwm asked to maintain root during update..

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
How do I get it into recovery? Cwm can't and the list at boot only takes me to the android exclamation point..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
How do I get it into recovery? Cwm can't and the list at boot only takes me to the android exclamation point..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

You need to fastboot it. See, there's a file in the /system folder--"reboot-from-recovery.p"--that purposefully wipes the custom recovery, causing it not to "stick." Remove that file and then your custom recovery sticks. This happens with stock software (i.e. you rooting ICS or JB). The solution? Download the superuser zip package (look in the JB OTA thread in the Verizon GN section) and place that on your sdcard folder, fastboot a recovery, reboot into the recovery, flash the zip, reboot system, update the superuser binary, then use a file manager to delete that reboot-from-recovery.p file from /system. You may need to re-flash the recovery in fastboot, but at least it will stick--and your phone will be rooted--after that go round. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power