1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Making my device appear as USB storage drive?

my Ainol NOVO 7 Elf II appear as USB storage drive when it's connected, and i thought it would be great for my Nexus 7 to do the same. Is that possible? Because right now it appear as a device, not a drive, and since i rooted my Nexus 7, there are folders i can't see when it's connected on my computer.

I replaced the stock ROM to use Glazed Jelly Bean v2.1 instead, just saying if it'll be easier for me.

Default Re: Making my device appear as USB storage drive?

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorZX3 View Post
    my Ainol NOVO 7 Elf II appear as USB storage drive when it's connected, and i thought it would be great for my Nexus 7 to do the same. Is that possible? Because right now it appear as a device, not a drive, and since i rooted my Nexus 7, there are folders i can't see when it's connected on my computer.

I replaced the stock ROM to use Glazed Jelly Bean v2.1 instead, just saying if it'll be easier for me.
    Since ICS android has started supporting MTP which gives you the ability to use the device and connect it to a computer. Before that mounting the usb storage made it act like a usb drive but android couldn't use the space while the computer was.
    You should be able to use adb to push files to the areas you can access via MTP. Or just use root Explorer to move it where it needs to be moved once it's on a folder on the device that you can access via the computer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker