Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2defmouze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to downgrade to 4.1.2

I got really unlucky this update as I seem to have gotten EVERY single bug on 4.2. This is a long shot but is there a way to downgrade back without doing complete wipe to 4.1?

Sent from a tablet, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

Default Re: Is there a way to downgrade to 4.1.2

Factory image is about it I think

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Manning the AC Euro office since 2011
    Thanked by 2:

Correct. Factory image restore is the only way, which if your boot loader isn't unlocked already will wipe the device upon doing so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
    Thanked by 2:

Hi,

Need your help to downgrade to 4.1.2 or lower, please send link or information of how to do it.

Thank You
    FJ

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Jones View Post
    Hi,

Need your help to downgrade to 4.1.2 or lower, please send link or information of how to do it.

Thank You
    FJ
    You will need to unlock the bootloader and follow my factory image restore guide, downloading and using the 4.1.2 factory image from Google (link to their list of images is in the guide). The process will wipe the device completely, just so you know, internal sd included.
    Diordna11 likes this.

I just downgraded my N7 to 4.1.2 this evening, after fighting with it to work with stickmount, etc. on 4.2

I used the Nexus 7 toolkit found in the XDA forums, found in this thread: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V3.2.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH MORE - xda-developers

I donated a few pounds, got the "donater version" that allowed for the latest updates (cost me 4 ) and then downgraded to 4.1.2 with ease.

Seriously, worth the donation.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    stock

Thanks for that link. Downloaded that toolkit, followed instructions and im back to 4.1.2.

I can't update my apps on my gnex it shows an error code cant reach server is that a bug going on 4.2 ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Howwwwww? i downloaded the toolkit but im new to android and really dont understand it. I need 4.1 for an app i use?

Guide for flashing your Android to stock here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...e-restore.html
    Note this will wipe your Nexus clean, save anything you plan to keep first. To revert to 4.1 you need to download the 4.1.2 (JZO54K) factory image instead of the 4.2.1 and modify the instructions to use the 4.1.2 file instead.

What I need now is to figure out how to stop the automatated "system update available" notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid_cow View Post
    Guide for flashing your Android to stock here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...e-restore.html
    Note this will wipe your Nexus clean, save anything you plan to keep first. To revert to 4.1 you need to download the 4.1.2 (JZO54K) factory image instead of the 4.2.1 and modify the instructions to use the 4.1.2 file instead.

What I need now is to figure out how to stop the automatated "system update available" notifications.
    Just have to edit the build.prop on your n7 a little and you will never ever get a notification from Google again. Change the dpi or change dalvik.vm.heapsize from 64m to 192m should do it.

This post was generated using my totally arse kicking NEXUS 7!!

plz tell me if any way to downgrade android software 4.2.2 to 4.1.2..........