Is there a way to downgrade to 4.1.2

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I got really unlucky this update as I seem to have gotten EVERY single bug on 4.2. This is a long shot but is there a way to downgrade back without doing complete wipe to 4.1?

Sent from a tablet, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Correct. Factory image restore is the only way, which if your boot loader isn't unlocked already will wipe the device upon doing so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Need your help to downgrade to 4.1.2 or lower, please send link or information of how to do it.

Thank You
FJ

You will need to unlock the bootloader and follow my factory image restore guide, downloading and using the 4.1.2 factory image from Google (link to their list of images is in the guide). The process will wipe the device completely, just so you know, internal sd included.

leroy_sunset

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Musicboxrobot

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't update my apps on my gnex it shows an error code cant reach server is that a bug going on 4.2 ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

liquid_cow

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Guide for flashing your Android to stock here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...1477-guide-nexus-7-factory-image-restore.html
Note this will wipe your Nexus clean, save anything you plan to keep first. To revert to 4.1 you need to download the 4.1.2 (JZO54K) factory image instead of the 4.2.1 and modify the instructions to use the 4.1.2 file instead.

What I need now is to figure out how to stop the automatated "system update available" notifications.

bobo the clown

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Guide for flashing your Android to stock here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...1477-guide-nexus-7-factory-image-restore.html
Note this will wipe your Nexus clean, save anything you plan to keep first. To revert to 4.1 you need to download the 4.1.2 (JZO54K) factory image instead of the 4.2.1 and modify the instructions to use the 4.1.2 file instead.

What I need now is to figure out how to stop the automatated "system update available" notifications.

Just have to edit the build.prop on your n7 a little and you will never ever get a notification from Google again. Change the dpi or change dalvik.vm.heapsize from 64m to 192m should do it.

This post was generated using my totally arse kicking NEXUS 7!!

Pally01

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I registered just to say "thanks" for this thread and the helpful advice contained within. I needed to downgrade an N7 and it was super-easy to do, thanks to you al, and this thread. Totally appreciated...

Pally

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11