too all nexus loyalists

gagetbOy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi this is my first post and I just got a nexus 7, it's awesome!!!
But I have a question,

My franken nexus HD 1 is dying and I am needing a new phone how much advantage is there in respect to sharing between a android tablet and phone(in this case nexus 7&4) I know webos was supposed to have really good sharing

I ask because I was looking at cragslist and the cheapest phones are iPhone someone suggested that I get one to experience the ecosystem. I had android since I started using smartphone with mixed results, I was one of behold 2 owners :'( . never used iOS. I'm thinking about it as it will be used as a texting and camera phone (don't have a job right now can't afford data plan) also I don't have more than $5 worth a of paid apps so that's not issue, kind of interested to see how the other half lives.

Let med know your opinion.

Also feel free to let me know of any holo apps that you recommend or tips for the nexus 7 you got as I'm coming from gingerbreadgingerbread

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not really clear on what specifically you are trying to share between your tablet and phone... can you clarify?

Both will sync with your Google accounts without issue. If you want pics synced you can set your phone to auto-upload them to G+ / picasa sync, and have the tablet sync that as well. Keep all your music in the Google Music cloud and that will serve that function as well. Was there anything else specific you were talking about?

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i like how apps i find and DL/buy for one of my devices and they can be used on the other as well since they show up in my apps on the google play store. I am rocking N4 and N7 and its a pretty sick combo albeit the devices are not that much different

also i could be mistaken but i dont know if you can use an iphone with out a data plan? I think it is required to use the phone at all

NuclearFenix

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i like how apps i find and DL/buy for one of my devices and they can be used on the other as well since they show up in my apps on the google play store. I am rocking N4 and N7 and its a pretty sick combo albeit the devices are not that much different

also i could be mistaken but i dont know if you can use an iphone with out a data plan? I think it is required to use the phone at all

It is indeed required.

As for if the OP is asking if he should stick with Android Phones or get an iPhone?
I'd recommend sticking with Android.

Why?
I am not a Android Fan boy. My reason is because you get alot more for your money with an Android over an iPhone. It's fair that we can all admit, with iPhone you get nothing new.
As for sharing, I use my droid bionic and Nexus 7 on the same account and they share everything.
Say I leave my Nexus 7 at home and use my GPS on my Bionic on the road. I can go home and see the route I traveled with my Nexus.

Nexus 4 is your best bet, seeing as it is a Google built device it will be the first to get future updates along with other Nexus products. I can't really tell from your first message if you are saying that you have a Nexus 4 or you're thinking about it and you have a nexus one at the moment. But I recommend getting the Nexus 4.

There is a reason iPhones are so cheap; mainly because of their new phones that are constantly coming out (Don't let that catch your eye though, Apple tends to be very... tedious with their phones adding small updates to it at a time.) People do tend to flock to iPhones because their user friendly, but that's because some don't understand open source. But you say you've used Android products before, so switching out now, is most likely a regrettable mistake.

Btw.
It's kind of like being a drug dealer and letting your customer try a little bit of your product, and hope they come back. But Apple uses commercials "Look at this new camera that can take a panoramic shot".

It is how it is,
Some companies that run Android use the same tactics *Cough* HTC *Cough*.

Hopefully that will persuade you.

gagetbOy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies you all answer most of my questions, I think I will stick to android.

and I am am using an htc hd2 which was originally a windows device but the magicians over at the xda forums got it to run android using the nexus one drivers so over there the hd2 is nicknamed the nexus hd guess I got use to calling it that. The only reason I thought about the iphone was the price and the fact that it satisfied my criteria for a phone 1. good camera 2. good screen(though small but I can live with it since I have my nexus 7, if I didn't though the iphone would never be an option) 3. no lag on os (OEM skins add to much)

so there are really only 3 phones that I'd considered
htc one X/s (great with rom except non expandable storage or removable battery )
nexus 4 (great stock!!! except non expandable storage, removable battery, and glass back that loves to break) *
galaxy s3 (great with rom but has pentile screen and I have a vendetta against samsung)

after my ordeal with the behold 2 and the difficulties of using a non approved device (had to change the radios 4 different time and use 3 different roms in the first 3 months to get reception and digitizer to work, also google actively block access to the play store from the device took about a month from roms to work around the issue) that I really wouldn't want to use anything other than stock with an unlook bootloader.

I will probably wait until the next round of devices as what is currently high end now is looking to be mid range next year as high end will become 1080p, quad core, & 13 mp. Will be keeping an eye out for dual core s4 pro (smart phones dont need quad core) + 8mp camera (as good as the one on the one x) + 720p 4.3-4.5 inch screen.

*I know these problems exist on the iphone but the iphone I was going to buy was $175 32gig 4s which was $125 less than the 8 gig nexus 4