Nexus 7 Bricked !!Bootloader Erased Help!!!!

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
nothing happens jhahaha... no bootloader on it...

Nothing at all? I erased my bootloader and when using vol down and power button I got the the android with a <start> and it would do nothing else. But when I did "fastboot reboot-bootloader" it seemed to come back. Then I reflashed the stock 4.1 zip.

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
The android on it's back screen IS the bootloader so yeah he can't do that you erased your boot partition not your bootloader partition

Sent from my Nexus 7 with CM10 using Android Central Forums

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you find the solution? I'm wanting to try that command to see what happens now lol. I'd be hard pressed to get it working.

So does the device even turn on? Can you adb reboot recovery?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

vgacia24

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Recovery won't work as you need a bootloader to boot into it... hmm I wonder if you could get a copy of the bootloader if you could use nvflash to have the tablet use it as a boot image just once so that you could install a bootloader... might work I'll ask around and see what happens

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

marty331

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Shot in the dark, have you plugged it into your computer and ran:
adb devices

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Colin Crowley

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have managed to do the same thing by following a BAD post on another forum on howto get your nexus7 rooted if toolkit way doesn't work even with drivers that recognize your nexus.
(mine would sit at "sending recovery (6480 kb))

It had you do the following steps:

fastboot oem unlock <-- this works
fastboot erase boot <-- yup gone
fastboot erase cache <--- this also
fastboot erase recovery <-- wow this is gone too
fastboot erase system <-- and no more system
fastboot erase userdata <-- user data bye bye
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.13.img <-- hangs like b4 and so we reboot from power off
fastboot reboot-bootloader
ping -n 10 127.0.0.1 >nul
fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jop40d.zip

Reason for using this method was because any normal flashing would just hang waiting for image to be loaded for recovery (be it CW or Stock)

Now I have a nice boat anchor. But maybe all's well, I bought it from Wally world where I am going to exchange it.

Wish me luck..... and this will be the end of me trying to get root on a nexus7

Colin Crowley

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have a new nexus. Walmart exchanged it because I told em it just won't boot, and the fact I got it just a week ago.

No more rooting this for me till I get tired of it or have a real need to root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey, great to hear you got a new Nexus. Too bad you had to screw the rest of us over to make up for a problem that you caused for yourself.

Why don't you take a steaming fresh bag of feces into Wal Mart and tell them you want your money back because the bananas you bought the day before just don't look as good as when you bought them. I don't mind paying more for my purchases down the road...

-Suntan

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey, great to hear you got a new Nexus. Too bad you had to screw the rest of us over to make up for a problem that you caused for yourself.

Why don't you take a steaming fresh bag of feces into Wal Mart and tell them you want your money back because the bananas you bought the day before just don't look as good as when you bought them. I don't mind paying more for my purchases down the road...

-Suntan
Haha damn cold blooded!!!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

-Suntan

This is helpful. OP had a problem and asked for help... What did he do to you sir?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

zdombie

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Guess what guys, I got another Nexus 7 here that I think may have a similar problem. I used the Nexus 7 Rootkit 1.5 to try and unlock the bootloader, root, and install CWM on my Nexus 7 (HSPA+). I got the green light from the toolkit saying the process was completed and tablet booted into CWM Recovery. After rebooting the device, the root didn't seem to take and I noticed the file /system/recovery-from-boot.p was missing, but didn't think much of it as I had CWM, so when I went to reboot my tablet into recovery again the Nexus powered down, never to boot up again. The device is unresponsive. Any combo of power and volume buttons does nothing. I tried turning the device on while attached to my PC though USB and I heard the Windows sound when you plug in a device, but the tablet didn't display anything. adb devices shows me nothing. The battery was about 70% full when it occurred so I don't think it's dead, but it is on the wall charger now.

From reading this thread, it seems no one has any good leads on what I might try to do besides try and get it replaced or pay to have it fixed.

Any other suggestions?

*EDIT* Nevermind. It booted back up. Strange, I don't know how or why, the battery is still at 77%. I'm just glad it's alive. *EDIT*

vgacia24

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
try this.
Tegra Android Developer Pack (TADP).

Download the "Tegra Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) OS Image for Tegra3 Developer Kit (Cardhu)". this contain the nvflash, bootloader and apx drivers.

I know this is for ice cream sandwich but Once installed you can change it to nexus 7.

I tried it but it did not work for me... let me know...

- - - Updated - - -

Guess what guys, I got another Nexus 7 here that I think may have a similar problem. I used the Nexus 7 Rootkit 1.5 to try and unlock the bootloader, root, and install CWM on my Nexus 7 (HSPA+). I got the green light from the toolkit saying the process was completed and tablet booted into CWM Recovery. After rebooting the device, the root didn't seem to take and I noticed the file /system/recovery-from-boot.p was missing, but didn't think much of it as I had CWM, so when I went to reboot my tablet into recovery again the Nexus powered down, never to boot up again. The device is unresponsive. Any combo of power and volume buttons does nothing. I tried turning the device on while attached to my PC though USB and I heard the Windows sound when you plug in a device, but the tablet didn't display anything. adb devices shows me nothing. The battery was about 70% full when it occurred so I don't think it's dead, but it is on the wall charger now.

From reading this thread, it seems no one has any good leads on what I might try to do besides try and get it replaced or pay to have it fixed.

Any other suggestions?

*EDIT* Nevermind. It booted back up. Strange, I don't know how or why, the battery is still at 77%. I'm just glad it's alive. *EDIT*

try this.
Tegra Android Developer Pack (TADP).

Download the "Tegra Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) OS Image for Tegra3 Developer Kit (Cardhu)". this contain the nvflash, bootloader and apx drivers.

I know this is for ice cream sandwich but Once installed you can change it to nexus 7.

I tried it but it did not work for me... let me know...

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This is helpful. OP had a problem and asked for help... What did he do to you sir?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't replying to the OP. I was replying to the crook that committed fraud and then told us about it directly above my post.

-Suntan

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If you can offer advice to the OP, please do so. Personal attacks and off-topic bickering will not be tolerated. If you don't care for this thread, simply move on. Thanks.

Sent from my SGSIII

Stuntmanmike52

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Right on! You fixed your own issue. Ever since I read your original post I was worried about doing something similar with as much as I hack and root my devices. Thanks for the follow-up. This restores my faith in the Android Community. :)
+7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech