Nexus 7 disappeared from my devices on Play Store.

mrmond

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Play Store through a browser is great for pushing apps to your device.
My account used to just show my Orange San Francisco until my Nexus 7 arrived and set up for the first time. After that it gave me the option to install to the San Francisco or the Nexus 7
Until today when the Nexus 7 mysteriously vanished. According to Play online help you can't remove a device completely,only hide it from appearing in your settings.
Well mine has gone. Completely. It's not just hidden.
Things I've tried after reading other threads:
Deleting cache and data from Google framework and Google Play then rebooting. That didn't work
Deleting my main Google account from the device then re-adding it. Na da.
Installing a "Google" app to re-eastablish a market link. That hasn't worked either.
Getting Google support on the telephone who were completely stumped how it could disappear from the Play Store. All their suggestions involved doing what I'd already tried but I did it again anyway. Waited at least half an hour before accessing Play from my browser so it had time to update. Still didn't come back.
So right now, the only way I can use Play store is from the Nexus 7 itself. From a browser it's impossible.

Only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset. I'm loathe to do that after installing a lot of apps,widgets and setting it up how I like it over the last 3 weeks.
Anyone else have any other ideas ?

**sorry,just noticed I've posted this in wrong sub forum, maybe a mod can move it ?**

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend doing and adb backup, (if you don't know how Google it) unlocking your bootloader, restoring your backup, root it, then getting titanium backup, back up your apps, move the titanium backup folder to your computer, factory restore it, re-root it and restore the backup from titanium (ps it'll erase /sdcard too so copy it all to your computer before the factory restore) and then opening up a browser and going to the play store and try to install an app to it

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend doing and adb backup, (if you don't know how Google it) unlocking your bootloader, restoring your backup, root it, then getting titanium backup, back up your apps, move the titanium backup folder to your computer, factory restore it, re-root it and restore the backup from titanium (ps it'll erase /sdcard too so copy it all to your computer before the factory restore) and then opening up a browser and going to the play store and try to install an app to it

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

+1 to this. I know it seems excessive but I can confirm that every time i flash a new rom or restore I get a new instance of the device in the play store. At the very least that inconvience for me should fix your problem in this case.

But, before you try all that. did you look at this?
https://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1141080

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance