1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default finally unlocked, rooted & flashed recovery. now which kernal/ rom ???

hi all,

ive finally done it!
    now do i want glazed or cm10?
    which are the best roms?

cheers
    barks

Default Re: finally unlocked, rooted & flashed recovery. now which kernal/ rom ???

I also welcome ideas about ROMs and other rooted packs.
    James

Quote Originally Posted by barclay james View Post
    hi all,

ive finally done it!
    now do i want glazed or cm10?
    which are the best roms?

cheers
    barks

Default Re: finally unlocked, rooted & flashed recovery. now which kernal/ rom ???

Never used "glazed" but I love cm10 on my nexus 7 one of the best roms out there in my opinion

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

CM10, Paranoid Android, AOKP, or Bugless Beast. Those are the ROMs I would throw my endorsement behind. Choosing one depends on what you are looking for and personal preference. Research them to find out more info.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

As 2defmouze said it's personal preference and I also agree with all of the ROMs he said except bugless beast as I've never used it but it's probly a good ROM anyways flash and experiment yourself it's made for that sort of thing so go for it :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 with CM10 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    AOKP on everything

I've tried a few but I keep coming back to AOKP...

ROM
    Eclipse 3.1 on both

Eclipse 3.1 has been my favorite so far.

CleanROM

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

I'm currently running MS TEAM HD 6.5 with the stock kernel so far running very smoothly and good battery life here's a link if you want to take a look:

Will have to find correct link for your phone though if you wanted to try it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by NewmanOli; 12-13-2012 at 07:13 PM.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

cheers all

ive tried glazed and its good, is there any way of setting up a running poll which will easily reflect the most popular, a bit like linux distro watch shows the most popular distro?
    barks

I went with smooth ROM with brinked kernel. That kernel OC to 1500 but I knocked it down to 1400. Smooth ROM is based on CM10.11

It is extremely ..wellll.... Smooth. Comes with aroma installer and choice of kernels. Also with dolphin and nova launcher. Has an excellent bug free tablet mode UI. Only bug I have found is if I tick.... Use volume rocker to come out of sleep...... It doesn't work. But besides hat. Excellent battery life and speed. Also remember to calibrate battery after each new ROM flash. I also bought ROM Manager on play store. That along with Goo makes it easy for a monkey to flash his N 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ronne View Post
    I went with smooth ROM with brinked kernel. That kernel OC to 1500 but I knocked it down to 1400. Smooth ROM is based on CM10.11

It is extremely ..wellll.... Smooth. Comes with aroma installer and choice of kernels. Also with dolphin and nova launcher. Has an excellent bug free tablet mode UI. Only bug I have found is if I tick.... Use volume rocker to come out of sleep...... It doesn't work. But besides hat. Excellent battery life and speed. Also remember to calibrate battery after each new ROM flash. I also bought ROM Manager on play store. That along with Goo makes it easy for a monkey to flash his N 7.

I agree with Paul completely. Smooth ROM lives up to its moniker. Here is a great video that will walk you through what turns out to be a cake walk. This guy explains things very well.

Hey Paul or other SmthRom users... Do any of you get the black vertical lines that flash sometimes?

Jeff
    Montana, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jklsr55 View Post

I agree with Paul completely. Smooth ROM lives up to its moniker. Here is a great video that will walk you through what turns out to be a cake walk. This guy explains things very well.

Hey Paul or other SmthRom users... Do any of you get the black vertical lines that flash sometimes?

Jeff
    Montana, USA
    I have not seen that in smoothrom but my 16 gig had it in stock. My 32 I have now has not had any such issues. In any ROM.