finally unlocked, rooted & flashed recovery. now which kernal/ rom ???

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Never used "glazed" but I love cm10 on my nexus 7 one of the best roms out there in my opinion

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
CM10, Paranoid Android, AOKP, or Bugless Beast. Those are the ROMs I would throw my endorsement behind. Choosing one depends on what you are looking for and personal preference. Research them to find out more info.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
As 2defmouze said it's personal preference and I also agree with all of the ROMs he said except bugless beast as I've never used it but it's probly a good ROM anyways flash and experiment yourself it's made for that sort of thing so go for it :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 with CM10 using Android Central Forums

barclay james

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
cheers all

ive tried glazed and its good, is there any way of setting up a running poll which will easily reflect the most popular, a bit like linux distro watch shows the most popular distro?
barks

Paul Ronne

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I went with smooth ROM with brinked kernel. That kernel OC to 1500 but I knocked it down to 1400. Smooth ROM is based on CM10.11

It is extremely ..wellll.... Smooth. Comes with aroma installer and choice of kernels. Also with dolphin and nova launcher. Has an excellent bug free tablet mode UI. Only bug I have found is if I tick.... Use volume rocker to come out of sleep...... It doesn't work. But besides hat. Excellent battery life and speed. Also remember to calibrate battery after each new ROM flash. I also bought ROM Manager on play store. That along with Goo makes it easy for a monkey to flash his N 7.

Jklsr55

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I went with smooth ROM with brinked kernel. That kernel OC to 1500 but I knocked it down to 1400. Smooth ROM is based on CM10.11

It is extremely ..wellll.... Smooth. Comes with aroma installer and choice of kernels. Also with dolphin and nova launcher. Has an excellent bug free tablet mode UI. Only bug I have found is if I tick.... Use volume rocker to come out of sleep...... It doesn't work. But besides hat. Excellent battery life and speed. Also remember to calibrate battery after each new ROM flash. I also bought ROM Manager on play store. That along with Goo makes it easy for a monkey to flash his N 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kkygcgqtJ0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I agree with Paul completely. Smooth ROM lives up to its moniker. Here is a great video that will walk you through what turns out to be a cake walk. This guy explains things very well.

Hey Paul or other SmthRom users... Do any of you get the black vertical lines that flash sometimes?

Jeff
Montana, USA

Paul Ronne

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kkygcgqtJ0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I agree with Paul completely. Smooth ROM lives up to its moniker. Here is a great video that will walk you through what turns out to be a cake walk. This guy explains things very well.

Hey Paul or other SmthRom users... Do any of you get the black vertical lines that flash sometimes?

Jeff
Montana, USA

I have not seen that in smoothrom but my 16 gig had it in stock. My 32 I have now has not had any such issues. In any ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar