- 10 Posts
I how I'm in the correct forum.
I guess my Google-fu is weak...
When I connect my N7 to my win 7 box and check the properties in file manager, it says " generic hierarchical".
Is this some variant of Linux ext*?. If so, how is windows able to access it?
Inquiring minds want to know?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- 12-11-2012, 04:17 PM #2
- 272 Posts
Re: Android filesystem
The Nexus 7 does use ext4, but when connected to a computer it uses the MTP protocol to enable access to the filesystem rather than letting the computer mount it directly.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- 12-11-2012, 05:57 PM #4
- By michaelmanna in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 28Last Post: 08-22-2013, 01:26 PM
- By joeperrin2121 in forum Market HelpReplies: 6Last Post: 07-15-2013, 10:19 PM
- By CNevius in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and HelpReplies: 2Last Post: 01-02-2010, 11:13 PM
- By chuazy in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 8Last Post: 11-24-2009, 06:04 AM
- By ericdroid in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-15-2009, 10:46 AM