- 1 Posts
Unlocking/rooting 4.2.1 - Which guide will work?
Hi guys! Love the work you do here.
I purchased a 32gb wifi version of the N7 this weekend and now I want to explore the world of unlocking and rooting my Nexus.
I've tried to read alot of guides and collect as much knowledge as possible. I'm confident I'll be able to do this following the guides, but there is one big question that needs to be answered before I start with this little project:
Which guide should I use if I've updated the N7 to 4.2.1 already? (will be using Win7)
raknarokx or zero necks?
I'm a little puzzled at the moment and don't quite get what the difference between the two guides areGreetings from Sweden, we come in peace!
- 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM #2
- 12-12-2012, 08:25 PM #3
- 162 Posts
Re: Unlocking/rooting 4.2.1 - Which guide will work?
I used ragnarokx because I like to see every step and easier to intervene if something not working right. I was on 4.2.1 OTA when I did it. Then I installed OTA Rootkeeper to (hopefully) keep root after the next OTA update.
I'm using stickmount right now with a 32gb SD card.
- had to download universal naked driver from zero neck
- had to setup wifi to home screen, reboot, and then I had the /sdcard/ folder to repeat the supersu.zip steps
- By thefredelement in forum Xoom Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 61Last Post: 03-19-2014, 11:42 AM
- By Paul627g in forum Rezound Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 94Last Post: 05-03-2013, 08:14 PM
- By barclay james in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
- By kilofox in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 12-17-2011, 05:24 PM