1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to make my nexus think it's in the US?

i'm a us citizen living in the netherlands. i recently bought my nexus 7 while on vacation in the US. i was disappointed to get home only to find i can't access the main areas of google play. i have a US credit card & billing address. from what i can tell my google account is set to US.

i've seen articles that say i can change my dns, but i,m not quite sure how to do that. i go yto my wifi & see the following under modify network:

proxy settings: none
    ip setting: dchp (pulldown menu option for static ip adress looks like it's abailable but i've got no idea what to try)

my nexus is currently unrooted & i'd kinda like to keep it that way since i'm not very good w/modifying code)
    Last edited by lizeli; 12-17-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Default Re: how to make my nexus think it's in the US?

I am not sure but I think if you loaded a VPN such as "Hidemyass" (I live in Belize and use this one on my main computer, purchase the app or what I want through the computer and then when I connect my Nexus 7 for updating it comes on automatically??? You could try this one......let me know if it works for you....

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Welch View Post
    I am not sure but I think if you loaded a VPN such as "Hidemyass" (I live in Belize and use this one on my main computer, purchase the app or what I want through the computer and then when I connect my Nexus 7 for updating it comes on automatically??? You could try this one......let me know if it works for you....
    Are you wanting it to work only on your N7 or can you access a pc? If you can then check out this browser plugin

It allows you to spoof your ip address. From there you should be able to install apps and push them to your device.

You may also want to check out this app

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

o.o Download and install the kaos rom. >.> then during the aroma setup for kaos, select US or North America GPS settings. Your nexus will then believe your in america, and will recognize no other place.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Without rooting your options are very limited. The best way is to get rooted, use Market Enabler to access the market (ie spoof Verizon or Tmobile), and Hideman to get a US VPN connection. This will let you do it all from your phone.