how to make my nexus think it's in the US?

lizeli

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
i'm a us citizen living in the netherlands. i recently bought my nexus 7 while on vacation in the US. i was disappointed to get home only to find i can't access the main areas of google play. i have a US credit card & billing address. from what i can tell my google account is set to US.

i've seen articles that say i can change my dns, but i,m not quite sure how to do that. i go yto my wifi & see the following under modify network:

proxy settings: none
ip setting: dchp (pulldown menu option for static ip adress looks like it's abailable but i've got no idea what to try)

my nexus is currently unrooted & i'd kinda like to keep it that way since i'm not very good w/modifying code)

Last edited:

Brenda Welch

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure but I think if you loaded a VPN such as "Hidemyass" (I live in Belize and use this one on my main computer, purchase the app or what I want through the computer and then when I connect my Nexus 7 for updating it comes on automatically??? You could try this one......let me know if it works for you....

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure but I think if you loaded a VPN such as "Hidemyass" (I live in Belize and use this one on my main computer, purchase the app or what I want through the computer and then when I connect my Nexus 7 for updating it comes on automatically??? You could try this one......let me know if it works for you....
Are you wanting it to work only on your N7 or can you access a pc? If you can then check out this browser plugin http://www.stealthy.co/chrome

It allows you to spoof your ip address. From there you should be able to install apps and push them to your device.

You may also want to check out this app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.ss9.Proxo&token=-S7GdUK9

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Derek Williams1

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
o.o Download and install the kaos rom. >.> then during the aroma setup for kaos, select US or North America GPS settings. Your nexus will then believe your in america, and will recognize no other place.

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Without rooting your options are very limited. The best way is to get rooted, use Market Enabler to access the market (ie spoof Verizon or Tmobile), and Hideman to get a US VPN connection. This will let you do it all from your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers