1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Hardware] Nexus 7 Inductive Charging Mod (using Palm Touchstones)

Got a couple of spare Palm Touchstones lying around? You can use them to inductively charge your Nexus 7:

Full details in a series of 12 posts at Google+, start at for the full story.

-- Rod

Default Re: [Hardware] Nexus 7 Inductive Charging Mod (using Palm Touchstones)

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Got a couple of spare Palm Touchstones lying around? You can use them to inductively charge your Nexus 7:

Full details in a series of 12 posts at Google+, start at for the full story.

-- Rod
    Great job, Rod!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I extended this mod a bit:

-- Rod

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

How is the charge time on this? How quickly? I'd be more interested in getting a Qi mod since that seems to be the way things are going (albeit more expensive). I found a video on youtube from a guy ( ) where he used the Qi coil and board from the BB 8900 Energizer back plate to make it work. I ordered the iphone 3 one to try and fit it. It would be interesting to compare results. Any plans to do a Qi one?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger09 View Post
    How is the charge time on this? How quickly? I'd be more interested in getting a Qi mod since that seems to be the way things are going (albeit more expensive). I found a video on youtube from a guy ( ) where he used the Qi coil and board from the BB 8900 Energizer back plate to make it work. I ordered the iphone 3 one to try and fit it. It would be interesting to compare results. Any plans to do a Qi one?
    The idea of inductive charging is that you have one at home and one at work and then you don't care what charging time is cause your device is always fully charged unless you're out.

Since I don't have any Qi devices, no plans for a Qi mod at this time.

-- Rod
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Now I have four of them

-- Rod